Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone prove that the uncanny hate Al Haymon receives is due to racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone prove that the uncanny hate Al Haymon receives is due to racism?

Of course the masses came out and said disbelieve any reason given about why they dislike Al Haymon and his boxing ventures.

It's the same reasoning with people who say they don't like GGG or Wlad because of their "stiff style" yet they also find every reason in the book to dislike Lomachenko, Calzaghe, and others.

Why can't people just accept that some people really don't like Al Haymon? I mean who in their right minds would blow the guy just because there is sub-quality boxing on free TV? Who?

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
      Of course the masses came out and said disbelieve any reason given about why they dislike Al Haymon and his boxing ventures.

It's the same reasoning with people who say they don't like GGG or Wlad because of their "stiff style" yet they also find every reason in the book to dislike Lomachenko, Calzaghe, and others.

Why can't people just accept that some people really don't like Al Haymon? I mean who in their right minds would blow the guy just because there is sub-quality boxing on free TV? Who?
      All you have to do it not watch it PBC. You can go back to your 10 fights per year on HBO or Showtime. That's still there for you dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by StiffBlab View Post
        All you have to do it not watch it PBC. You can go back to your 10 fights per year on HBO or Showtime. That's still there for you dumbass.
        you sound mad

... and poor

Comment

you sound mad

... and poor
          Kind of a stretch even for this forum.......

Comment

I think the fact that every claim made against Haymon is a claim most of the power brokers of boxing can be claimed to have committed at one time or another is something that plays into racism being in play with Haymon just like it was for Don King. There are plenty of legit reasons to hate a lot of people in boxing, its a ****ty ass business in many ways, but to villainize Haymon as the Joker or Lex Luthor of boxing, as many have decided to do, when there are so many epic villains makes zero sense unless there are other reasons you are wanting to hate him.

For full disclosure I think the #1 reason people hate Haymon is simply due to his connection to Mayweather. Being associated with Mayweather gets you residual hate if you walk into the ring with him or merely train at his gym let alone if you are the guy hyped as the mastermind behind Mayweather's current status.

I do think race is in play in the top 3, top 5 reasons though & imo its pretty silly to suggest that its not playing a part in the hate for some % of fans who still have these racial preferences or racial prejudices in daily life. There are studies out there on this sorta **** bruh. Non-white people are judged more harshly or are considered lesser than white people in the US. Its just a reality right now. Hell if you fat or ugly you are judged more harshly or considered lesser too, so Adrien Broner's dad gots things really ****ed up in the US, this **** ain't really that shocking of a thing to suggest.

Comment

But what promoter is loved by the fans? Arum is a snake, Oscar is a cross dresser, Don King is a criminal, Tex Richard was a sleazeball ect. ect. ect.

Stop being so damn sensitive you bunch of drama queens

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post

-Bob Arum has done worse to actual fighters and competitors than anything that Haymon has even been accused of, yet folks seem fine with that.

-Haymon was getting criticism for not facing his guys off against each, yet the moment that he starts putting his guys against each, the criticism begins that he's not letting his fighters fight anyone else.

People see the lack of consistency in reaction, in terms of Haymon vs the field, and the arguments that the criticism is fair don't make sense. When nonsensical arguments are made, to trash a man who happens to be African American, people put two and two together.

What sub-quality fights has Haymon put on TV, knowing what's been put on and marketed as good by HBO?

Comment

I hate Haymon so much, I just bought 4 tickets to a PBC card. "But you're racist doe".

Comment

I have made the mistake of putting every poster in the same box when it comes to Haymon. Too often I judge posters comments based on something else I read. Like death Adder could really have a legit problem with haymon, but I wouldn't believe it given what he has posted. Same with Freedom, Weltschmerz, Elroy1 and some others.

Not every poster that raises issues dislikes him because he is black. But NSB is filled with posters that hate him because he is black and try to mask it with other BS reasons.

It is very difficult to tell the difference at times. when you read Divine Hammer, Guerrero's Dad and some others talking about "hating monopolies" but wanting to go back to "boxing only being on HBO", its not hard to tell what their true motivation is.

I will just try to make sure I don't lump everyone into the same box. That doesn't mean I will not call someone out if I think their reasoning is an attempt to mask their true feelings.

Comment

Working...
                    X