The heavyweight division is in the golden era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bum squad View Post
    Agreed.

we are 5 years out of the Klits dominance and into this new era yet so far all we have is one fight between the big 3 and the only reason that happened was because Wilder thought Fury would be an easy touch being overwight and a long lay off.

Next year it looks like AJ already has his routine defences set up against mandatorys.And will Fury Wilder 2 happen next? i have my doubts.
    But that's on Wilder and PBC.

People tend to forget AJ turned pro in 2013 and he was fasttracked to where he's now. If AJ hadn't knocked Wlad out into retirement - I'm sure he'd still be holding at least one belt now, since Fury decided to retire than take the rematch. And Wilder still wouldn't fight him.

AJ didn't turn pro in 2008 like Fury, Wilder, and Ruiz. He turned pro barely 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      Ask your mum why one of her ti.ts is bigger than the other.

If you don't have anything intelligent to post, fu.ck off.

There has never been a perfect boxer in the history of boxing.
      You're talking about posting something intelligent when your last thread said wilder needs to fight Dillian Whyte and Ruiz before Joshua.

Lay off the drugs you delusional fan boy. It's clear what your agenda is based on your posts and threads. Im actually a fan of the sport and not just one particular fighter in general, take that fan boy **** somewhere else.
      Last edited by Pittsburgh_Kid; 12-10-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Never have been an era like this. All praise ANTHONY the mighty Thanos of our time!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          When I look at that list I clearly do not see whatever it is you think you see. Seeing as you are the guy who doesn't want to see Joshua/Wilder until Wilder has faced Whyte and Ruiz, I'm good with that.
          Wilder has been in the game for almost 12 years and it's high time he started fighting decent boxers. They have given him a pass for too long.

AJ vs Fury is the fight we want. They both dethroned the last king and Wilder is yet to beat any decent boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pittsburgh_Kid View Post
            You're talking about posting something intelligent when your last thread said wilder needs to fight Dillian Whyte and Ruiz before Joshua.

Lay off the drugs you delusional fan boy.
            Suck ya mum with a straw, you yank slob.

And fu.ck you and fu.ck hillbilly Wilder. That boy isn't getting any passes anymore.

Comment

Suck ya mum with a straw, you yank slob.

And fu.ck you and fu.ck hillbilly Wilder. That boy isn't getting any passes anymore.
              Resorting to name calling because you have nothing worth posting. You sound like you have mental problems honestly buddy.

Too bad im not really a fan of either fighter. It's very clear where you stand, i don't fan boy like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                Exactly, at a certain point as fans we need to quit this "your guy ducking" and form a united front. No excuse is good enough.
                This, all day

Comment

Nobody ever realised it’s a golden era until afterwards.

I agree that this quite possibly is one!

Comment

Some laughed yesterday when I said AJ fought in arguably the best and most talented era of amateur superheavyweight. Most of those guys are now in the pro and the division is superstacked.

Is there any era in boxing with so many good fighters in one division? You can go from 1-15 and there are killers everywhere. You can even stretch it to 20 with some of the guys that just turned pro.

We're in for a decade of great heavyweight boxing. Once AJ, Wilder and Fury retire in the next 3-4 years - the division will still be great for years to come. This era is going to create a few ATGs.
                    I would say we are in a mediocre era of heavyweights with every one of them being flawed. Wilder gets almost KOed by Ortiz in the first fight and is way behind when knocking Ortiz out in the rematch and Ortiz is 40 years old and nothing special either. AJ lost to average fighter Ruiz. Fury has struggled with another average fighter in his last fight. I am not seeing any all time greats here. Where are they?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      I would say we are in a mediocre era of heavyweights with every one of them being flawed. Wilder gets almost KOed by Ortiz in the first fight and is way behind when knocking Ortiz out in the rematch and Ortiz is 40 years old and nothing special either. AJ lost to average fighter Ruiz. Fury has struggled with another average fighter in his last fight. I am not seeing any all time greats here. Where are they?
                      There are no perfect boxers. Even in the Tyson, Lennox, Bowe and Holyfield era, those guys weren't perfect.

Tyson got knocked out by Douglas, Lennox got knocked out twice by average boxers. Bowe only had a two year peak period and he was done after that. Holyfield struggled all through the heavyweight until he faced Bowe and showed he could hang.

Nostalgia is the problem with most folks and history always look perfect when stories are told and not witnessed.

Bruno was very one dimensional and limited. And at his best, he wasn't as good as Dillian Whyte. I'd even say Dubois is a better boxer right now than Bruno ever was. But I saw Bruno beat the brakes off Lennox's arse until he got caught with a big right and never recovered.

Posterity will rate this era as one of the best when it's all said and done.

Comment

Working...
                      X