Purposed Budget Would Partly Replace Food Stamp Benefits With Canned Goods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
    liberals be like...
    this is systematical oppression of the poor by trump's tyrannical regime!
    kim jong-un's sister stole the show. we love North Korea.
    Lmao, so true.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yea I can see this government program turning out great, efficient, and cutting costs.

FEMA Contract Called for 30 Million Meals for Puerto Ricans. 50,000 Were Delivered.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/u...erto-rico.html
      Yep, that greedy opportunist contractor scored herself a fat contract being the lowest bidder, and then screwed over the starving people of Puerto Rico.

Tiffany Brown...a real "entrepreneur" out of Atlanta.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-b...co-speaks-out/

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Yep, that greedy opportunist contractor scored herself a fat contract being the lowest bidder, and then screwed over the starving people of Puerto Rico.

Tiffany Brown...a real "entrepreneur" out of Atlanta.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-b...co-speaks-out/
        Yep. Now imagine dealing with hundreds of these greedy contractors across the nation. This is a stupid idea and anybody with a brain can see costs will skyrocket. Its a logistical nightmare. Compliance costs alone are gonna cost more than the project

Comment

This is a stupid idea and anybody with a brain can see costs will skyrocket.
          Your record on predictions isn't so hot.

Comment

Yep. Now imagine dealing with hundreds of these greedy contractors across the nation. This is a stupid idea and anybody with a brain can see costs will skyrocket. Its a logistical nightmare. Compliance costs alone are gonna cost more than the project
            Greedy contractors supposedly save the Government money, as opposed to hiring government people to do this sort of thing. I don't see it though, because they make a killing whenever a change needs to be made or a modification to the contract. Lots of fraudulent spending in Washington that has been going on for decades.

Comment

Greedy contractors supposedly save the Government money, as opposed to hiring government people to do this sort of thing. I don't see it though, because they make a killing whenever a change needs to be made or a modification to the contract. Lots of fraudulent spending in Washington that has been going on for decades.
              I see it everyday. I dont understand why the contractor sitting in a cubicle outside my office is making 130k on a system we dont even use. Govt Contracts are a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I see it everyday. I dont understand why the contractor sitting in a cubicle outside my office is making 130k on a system we dont even use. Govt Contracts are a joke.
                Yeah same here. I work with a lot of them. I don't see where the Govt saves money to hire them when they earn almost twice as much as their counterparts. You can't ask them to do anything that isn't strictly written into their job description.

Comment

Hiring govt employees is more expensive. Have to buy the cars. Benefits. More bureaucracy. If you want the program changed then ok. But saying it'll be cheaper isn't true and if you are honest with yourself you know it's not cheaper

Comment

Hiring govt employees is more expensive. Have to buy the cars. Benefits. More bureaucracy. If you want the program changed then ok. But saying it'll be cheaper isn't true and if you are honest with yourself you know it's not cheaper
                    You do realize we have this thing called the United States Postal Service who delivers stuff to peoples' homes, don't you?

Comment

Think Bobby D said already they aren't actually going to be mailing this out. Would have to go pick it up.

Am I the only mfer around here that remembers cats having government cheese back in the day? I never seen no mailman bagged down with no cheese. I think people had to pick that up at the social services place too.

I don't see how this couldn't just be a modern, more inclusive version of that old school program.

Comment

Working...
                      X