Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien broner says golden boy and top rank promote mexicans differently than african

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    I work with a lot of immigrants from Western Africa that say the same thing.
    i realized this when I was in college. I worked in a call center in atlanta and most of the best collections reps were african...most of the people who worked in the higher delinquent accounts were african.....Many of them told me the term was offensive to them because we are not from africa and they were born there.

I never liked the term african american used for native born blacks

I friggin hate the term Indian for native americans...not our fault chistopher columbus' dumb azz thought he landed in india

My great grandmother lived to 102 years old. Her dad was born on a reservation. there are no records of him besides our family archives and pictures. I can go back to the 1830s on my moms side of the family. Ancestry.com and public records. There is literally no record of slavery and all of them owned their own land. my great great grand mom was labeled mulatto(half white black and native american) on one census, then black, and one even had her as white.

Why is the US puts so many labels on people yet other countries dont and we're all just plain humans...46 chromosones

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      businessmen don't have time to be racist. if boxing promoters privilege mexican fighters over african american fighters it's simply because the mexican audience is worth more money
      why did mayweather become a huge star after he left him?

Has a talented guy like rigo and does literally nothing with him

maybe he just doesnt know how to market black fighters who arent ko artist

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
        Isn't Timothy Bradley about to headline a PPv with Pacquiao next week? Isn't Crawford about to headline his first PPV. Crawford is getting promoted a lot by top rank I would say.
        Crawford has a lot of talent but he is pretty low profile.

No one outside nebraska even knows who he is.

he held floyd back when he was with him.

who is crawford fighting next...provo?

Comment

Fuk broner!
          .....dang...what he do to you?

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
            Broner isn't African.
            do you think their is any truth to what he is saying...seems like he is legitmately saying how he feels....no trolling

also if he didnt self promote the way he does and act a donkey, i dont think as many people would watch his fights....same thing with floyd...when he was pretty boy floyd under top rank, guys like gotta got more publicity than him. Also lesser fighters on top rank

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              .....dang...what he do to you?
              Lol jus fukn around.

Comment

Lol jus fukn around.
                seriously though, he can be extra...but he was being sincere....he had some good points

Comment

well Mexicans have the buying power and the afircans/blacks not so much so it will make sense their customer acquisition will be different for the two, just good business.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

what do you think about AB's position on this topic?

IMO he made some legitimate points
                    Who cares, he needs to worry about what PBC is doing because that's who he is promoted by.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Who cares, he needs to worry about what PBC is doing because that's who he is promoted by.
                      im assuming black fighters with talent who have a low profile do. While other fighters wo are less accomplished get shine and publicity. Im just saying.

I dont think he said anything wrong, gave his opinion and was very respectful.

wasnt he with golden boy early on or he got offers from them?

Comment

Working...
                      X