Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio freaks...recommend me some headphones NOT beats..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio freaks...recommend me some headphones NOT beats..

I've had bad experiences with Beats by dre, perhaps the worst i've had. Can you guys recommend me good headphones?

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
    I've had bad experiences with Beats by dre, perhaps the worst i've had. Can you guys recommend me good headphones?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_1_14&sr=8-14

Look no further.

Comment

I've been hearing good thing about Sennheiser, but that one is too expensive .

Comment

What kind of music do you listen to? Do you like emphasis on lows/mids/highs? What kind of speakers do you like if any? Budget? What did you not like about Beats?

For me, I prefer good bass extension (not over-powering) and some sparkle to my highs. I listen to primarily electronica and hip-hop but I don't like bloated bass like most Beats play.

Some of my favorites have been:
        Ultrasone Pro 550
        Dennon D2000 (discontinued but AH-D600 are available new and comparable)
        M Audio Q40 (very bassy with stock pads, much better sound and comfort with Beyerdynamic pads IMO)
        Audio Technica m50

More balanced sound
        sennheiser HD 598
        sennheiser HD 600
        Sure SRH840

Comment

Sennheiser and Audio Technica are two brands you should look into. Beats have awful EQ and even worse build quality.

Comment

I own these Sennheiser HD 598's. Bestbuy had them for $249, Amazon has them for $162.

I don't really like the color but they just release a black version.

and this portable headphone amplifier

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
              I own these Sennheiser HD 598's. Bestbuy had them for $249, Amazon has them for $162.

I don't really like the color but they just release a black version.

and this portable headphone amplifier

They have a special edition now
              http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-.../dp/B0126HISOO

Not my cup of tea sound-wise but solid, neutral headphones

Comment

Sennheiser Momentum, either on or over the ear, whichever you prefer

Comment

Headphones?

Get a MC 275 vac tube amp, get two & b&w speakers, with a great mcintosh pre-amp.

Get vinyl records, and CD. MP3 formats will be exposed as inferior. You may be depressed after listening to high end perfection. Also get a Micro Seki turn table.

No iPhone can compare.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7#post16164607

Comment

Working...
                    X