No announcement yet.

ricky hatton vegas tales book mayweather comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    At the end of the day, Hatton was the one who decided to dance to Mayweather's tune.

He moved up to Floyd's weight, he decided to fight in him in his hometown, and he took the money on the table to be the B-side.

He didn't need to do any of that, he was a PPV fighter who filled stadiums at the drop of a hat and he wasn't competitively obligated to fight above his natural weight class.

Mayweather wasn't going to compromise himself for Hatton, so why did Ricky compromise himself for Floyd?

If the answer is money, then I'm afraid he only has himself to blame (or not, depending on whether he's happy with his decision today).
    pretty much all of this is false. Floyd tried a million times to fight Hatton at 140 and Ricky wouldnt take the fight. So then Floyd goes to WW and thats when Hatton finally wants it. You think Floyd should come down for him? Also, Hatton is a bigger guy than Floyd. Dont forget that Floyd was the one who started 2 divisions lower then Hatton and is much smaller than Ricky on fight night. Floyd didnt go to WW because he was big. He went to WW to chase the Oscar fight. He shouldn't have been at WW himself. He was just talented enough to do it.

I also love how people try to claim Vegas is Floyd's hometown. Floyd is from Michigan. Half the boxing public lives in Vegas when they become pros but somehow its only Floyd's hometown despite the fact that he's rarely the crowd favorite in any fight. Hatton is not better then Floyd. He never was and never will be. Thats why he lost and its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      One thing I do remember Ricky saying back in like 2010 a couple years after their fight, he went over to Floyd at a press conference to say hello and Floyd acted like he didn't know who her was. He can be a real dick sometimes, regardless of his fighting ability.
      Again to be fair, Hatton has always bashed Floyd and then he started bashing Senior after the Pac fight. Im not saying that some of Hatton's comments werent justified but just because Floyd blew him off doesnt make him a dick. He may just not like Hatton after all of that. Plus Ive heard a ton of good things about Floyd with fans unlike what the TS is trying to say. Most say he's completely different with fans then he is with his public persona. Ive met him multiple times and have gotten pics & autographs with him every time. He went out his way to do it

Comment

Hey, like most people say...you can't beat Floyd in Vegas.

Comment

Loooool. Ricky is mad because he wasn't allowed to wrestle.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            pretty much all of this is false. Floyd tried a million times to fight Hatton at 140 and Ricky wouldnt take the fight. So then Floyd goes to WW and thats when Hatton finally wants it. You think Floyd should come down for him? Also, Hatton is a bigger guy than Floyd. Dont forget that Floyd was the one who started 2 divisions lower then Hatton and is much smaller than Ricky on fight night. Floyd didnt go to WW because he was big. He went to WW to chase the Oscar fight. He shouldn't have been at WW himself. He was just talented enough to do it.
            Untrue.

After beating Tszyu, Hatton was the man in the division. Floyd had yet to fight Gatti but he refused to fight Hatton in the UK at 140. The quotes are out there, I can post them if you want. If the fight was going to happen, it was always going to be in the US on Floyd's terms even when he was the B-side because he was unwilling to travel to the division's champion.

Moreover, Hatton is not a bigger guy than Floyd who was even calling him a midget in the build-up.

I also love how people try to claim Vegas is Floyd's hometown. Floyd is from Michigan. Half the boxing public lives in Vegas when they become pros but somehow its only Floyd's hometown despite the fact that he's rarely the crowd favorite in any fight. Hatton is not better then Floyd. He never was and never will be. Thats why he lost and its that simple
            So Vegas is not Floyd's hometown now...lol. Wherever you think he's originally from, in boxing terms it's his hometown.

Marquez summed it up best:

"If that fight is proposed and the conditions are acceptable, then of course [I would do it]. But we all know how things are done when fighting Mayweather in Las Vegas. In that city the officials protect him, let him do everything. Fighting him there is a burden," Marquez told boxingscene.com.

"Look, do you know how Mayweather can be beaten? Only by knockout, and how can you knock out an opponent who does not want to fight, who doesn't throw punches, and hits you with a jab and you may have won the round but they still give it to him?"
            Last edited by Weebler I; 07-20-2015, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Untrue.

After beating Tszyu, Hatton was the man in the division. Floyd had yet to fight Gatti but he refused to fight Hatton in the UK at 140. The quotes are out there, I can post them if you want. If the fight was going to happen, it was always going to be in the US on Floyd's terms even when he was the B-side because he was unwilling to travel to the division's champion.
              Yeah, that's definitely not the way I remember it. I remember team Hatton saying they needed two to three fights to build Ricky up in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Yeah, that's definitely not the way I remember it. I remember team Hatton saying they needed two to three fights to build Ricky up in the states.
                The only reason they went to the US to fight Mayweather was because Mayweather refused to fight in the UK. As I said, the quotes are out there.

It's all very well saying Floyd wanted the fight, but he would only agree to it on his terms in the United States when he wasn't the lineal champ filling up stadiums.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 07-20-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I don't think it would of made any difference, but hes right about Cortez. He was a poor ref towards his latter years and was awful in that fight.

I also get what he's saying about Mayweather. It was around that time that Mayweather was most at his 'spoilt brat' stage. He mellowed out somewhat in the years after.

Comment

Joe Cortez was the worst referee in boxing history. His behavior in the Hatton-Mayweather fight was disgraceful.

Why has boxing allowed the likes of Cortez, Lawrence Cole, Jack Reiss and Ian-John Lewis to work big fights? There have always been plenty of good referees to choose from.

Comment

It's funny that despite all of Floyd's antics in the fight build up, in all of his recent interviews Floyd mentions how much he likes Ricky and how great the british fans were.

Joe Cortez was shocking.

Comment

Working...
                      X