No announcement yet.

Pettis vs Cerrone and Aldo vs Edgar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pettis vs Cerrone and Aldo vs Edgar

Man I can't believe Pettis - Cerrone is gonna be on TV on a free card. This is two of my favorite fighters right here and I cant wait.

And who do you guys think takes it between Aldo and Edgar? I gotta roll with my boy Frankie. But he's always getting the short end of the stick so let's hope that's not the case here.

Anthony Pettis takes Cowboy Cerrone IMO
    Aldo will wreck Frankie Edgar.
    Glover will beat the ****tt out of Rampage.
    Overeem takes Silva out in 1.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
      Anthony Pettis takes Cowboy Cerrone IMO
      Aldo will wreck Frankie Edgar.
      Glover will beat the ****tt out of Rampage.
      Overeem takes Silva out in 1.
      I can't call the Pettis Cerrone fight. I gotta go with Frankie tho, he's been in there with bigger guys dropping them and hurting them. Another thing, Aldo has shown ****ty stamina as well and we know Frankie is a beast in that department. We know Rampage is done in the UFC and I dont really care for neither Overeem or Silva lol.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Only ever seen Aldo look gassed against Hominic & wasn't he injured going into that fight? Infected toe and something else I believe.

Sure Frankie has been in with bigger guys and whilst he is very small at 155, I am not sure he can make the 145 cut easily.

Frankie may well take him down a few times but I don't feel he'd be able to do much with Aldo just like all the all other wrestlers who failed miserably.

Aldo is a killer and if he gets Frankie hurt unlike Maynard, he will finish him.
        I fancy Aldo too win and probably stop Frankie inside 2.

If you fancy a bet, I'll give you 2:1 odds and take Aldo.

Comment

Edgar's reflexes are far above anyone Aldo has fought before. Jose won't be able to relax and set up perfect strikes like usual. Edgar will be on his ass the whole time. There's a chance that Aldo will just not be able to keep up with Frankie's workrate. I think it comes down the line 50/50. Whoever is better on that given night.

I don't really like Cerrone or Pettis but I'd prefer Cerrone to up the ladder. However, Pettis plays to his weaknesses.

Texeria is supremely overrated and the funny thing is that it's all based on White saying no one wants to fight him. Jackson is fully capable of beating this guy. But, with his disinterest in MMA I don't think he bothers with this one. If he's serious about boxing, he shows up ready. But, he's a fat cat these days so I'm not counting on him.

The Reem has an opportunity to make a statement here. He'd better git er done or his stock will fall as it did after Werdum.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
            Only ever seen Aldo look gassed against Hominic & wasn't he injured going into that fight? Infected toe and something else I believe.

Sure Frankie has been in with bigger guys and whilst he is very small at 155, I am not sure he can make the 145 cut easily.

Frankie may well take him down a few times but I don't feel he'd be able to do much with Aldo just like all the all other wrestlers who failed miserably.

Aldo is a killer and if he gets Frankie hurt unlike Maynard, he will finish him.

You do make a good point about the weight and its something I've had in the back of my head. But these MMA guys are something else, we'll see. I believe Aldo was looking like **** vs Florian too. Frankie is a tough SOB man. I might take you up on that bet. I will let you know as the fight nears.

Comment

You know how epic that fight is gonna be especially when Pettis says "I guarantee cowboys shoots(in) first" lmao Oooo shiiiiit!

Pettis is no slouch on the ground he has slick submissions but that's where I think cowboy has the advantage. I think his hands are better too but Pettis will use his kicks to control and dominate the stand up in a WAAARRR! I just don't think Cerrone has the wrestling even rho he won't use it really IMO I don't see him using it unless badly hurt.

I got Pettis by decision in a crazy fight unless he can catch Cerrone with a crazy kick he doesn't see coming and goes to sleep.

Aldo vs Edgar IS TITLE FIGHT OF THE YEAR!

In most peoples eyes it should be LW Champ vs FW Champ as most people think Frankie won the rematch with Bendo. This fight has so many variables since its Edgars featherweight debut its probably THE ultimate 50/50 pick em fight this year.

I think the biggest variable is speed since Edgar is use to always having the advantage over bigger slower guys. That could definitely play a big role if Edgar gets hit by a shot he doesn't see coming. Aldo is ten times the finisher Maynard is. However if Aldo can't take him out early I see Edgar coming back in trademark Frankie Rocky Balboa style and winning the last three rounds. I know Aldo will hurt him in the first. Its almost guaranteed. I think it all comes down to the 2nd round if Frankie survives. Frankie will win the last 3 IMO because of cardio and pace. And I feel if Mazagatti doesn't stop it early(which he is notorious for early stoppages and always interfering) Aldo will blow his load early.

Edgar might have more power dropping down like I said he can't rely on just speed anymore. He might sit down on his punches more. Another interesting fact is the dumb ass commission put that dumb biiitch as a judge the same lady that scored the Varner fight 30-27 for guillard. I'm a big Melvin fan and I can't even justify giving him 2 nevertheless 3 in that fight.

Can't freaking wait the whole first half of 2013 IS FREAKIN SICK!

Comment

If Rampage is motivated he will knock Glover out. He is the perfect style match up for Rampage. You need to be elusive, fast and utilize kicks to beat Rampage and Glover is a puncher and rampage has probably the best defensive counter boxing in MMA.

I got 1,billy on Rampage if anybody's interested. I think Overeem smashes Silva too.

The other PPV next month is just as sick!

Rousey vs Caramouche
                Henderson vs Machida
                Faber vs Menjibar
                Lawler vs Koschek
                Lavar Johnson vs Brendon Schuab

I know I'm missing another match up there. Then with the next Fox card being Melendez vs Bendo and the other sick fight I can't remember off the top my head. Then the next PPV isGSP vs Diaz with Condit vs MacDonald and Hendricks vs Ellenberger as the co feature the first 5-6 months are soooo damn sick!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

The weight statements are actually upside down. Aldo has had serious trouble making weight (was even documented in a YouTube vid that got pulled). Edgar cut virtually nothing to get to 155 and was reportedly around 150 a week ago. If Also has another rough cut, Frankie will put too much pressure on him. I love Aldo and cheer for my Nova Uniao brethren, but this is a tough match for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_cov

The weight statements are actually upside down. Aldo has had serious trouble making weight (was even documented in a YouTube vid that got pulled). Edgar cut virtually nothing to get to 155 and was reportedly around 150 a week ago. If Also has another rough cut, Frankie will put too much pressure on him. I love Aldo and cheer for my Nova Uniao brethren, but this is a tough match for him.
                    You also made a good point here. You just reminded me Frankie's walk around weight was pretty much 155.

I also agree with Nate its almost a given that Frankie will be down. He needs to not get reckless and put pressure on smartly then take him on in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X