No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    Explain how a fighter who has a resume with 5 losess including a few by KO is better than a fighter's resume who has zero losses and only 1 close fight? Logic seems to mean little to nothing here.
    See post 149, above.

Comment

• Lol pacman is still snoring.. Floyd haters put PAC in front of Floyd which was silly to begin with. PAC being ko'd in devastating fashion cemented Floyd has the better legacy

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
        See post 149, above.
        It's a BS post from what seems to be a BS poster. Too many of you are racially motivated because you're racially insecure. I don't respect you or your opinions. Get some self esteem.

Comment

Explain how a fighter who has a resume with 5 losess including a few by KO is better than a fighter's resume who has zero losses and only 1 close fight? Logic seems to mean little to nothing here.
          People look at the numbers way too much these days. Marciano went undefeated and had only one close fight, does that mean he's better than Ali? No, of course not - and I'm a huge fan of Marciano.

Some people also seem to think that Pacquiao's career only began in 2008, that he just drains fighters and that the only thing that happened before then was him losing 3 times. No-one mentions him fighting everyone and anyone in front of him to win the four world titles previous to that.

Sure, Pacquiao has been guilty of getting things his own way when it comes to weight etc, but how did he get into that position in the first place? And it's not like Floyd hasn't done similar things...

Comment

It's a BS post from what seems to be a BS poster. Too many of you are racially motivated because you're racially insecure. I don't respect you or your opinions. Get some self esteem.
            "Racially insecure" is your excuse?? LOL

The lesson from post 149 is this: Defending the goose-egg is not doing Floyd any good at all. Not if we're talking about true greatness. He could pick and piddle his way to 50-0...it wouldn't matter. He would be better remembered by the glory he accumulates for himself. And, he isn't going to do that.

Hence...Pacman's popularity.

Comment

• if u compare them both above 135 both dominated with one or two good great wins difference is one never came close to losing while the other lost twice and got knocked out cold and imo should have 3 losses.

135 and below one had one close fight could go either way one lost twice and imo lost 2 times and was also koed twice earlier in his career.

pac has some better names below 135 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
                87 wins in a row. 13 year undefeated streak (holds the record). Most title defenses in history. Most title wins in history. Most title fights in history. Tied with Joe Louis for most title wins by KO (21). Ended career with 101 victories and 87 KOs.

And you know what? Julio Cesar Chavez suffered from a couple of bad stoppages in his latter career. It doesn't matter. He the GOAT (certainly in the argument).

These are the numbers of real greatness. Floyd not going there, bro. Not even close. He out of time. So every little bit may seem important now. But, 10 years from now? Forgotten. Just like Oscar.

But, keep on spewing. What Pac gives us are exciting fights. He gives us his all. This is the difference between Pac and Floyd. This is why Pac is a higher regarded fighter. Since you wouldn't answer the question, I answered it for you.
                Pffff. You forgot to mention that Floyd would beat the brakes off of a PRIME JCC. You are making assertions that no one believes except you. As our colleague posted above, Floyd is favored in that fight because he is better in the eyes of every expert. People just became enamored with the PERCEIVED "danger" aspect of a Pacquiao fight. But in the last 2 yrs, that notion, along with Pacquiao's skills started deteriorating. I honestly AGREE that Pacquiao's resume is impressive and I love his activity, both in punch output and in his twice a yr outings. Pacquiao IS more exciting than Floyd. But much of that has to do with the fact that he is more hitable and creates more drama because he is in more bloody fights. Floyd is a masterful boxer that hits and doesn't get hit often. Exciting doesn't make you GREAT. HOFer Gatti is the prime example. Guys like Katsidis are plenty exciting. But to be great you have to have ELITE skills to back up an awesome resume. As far as skills go... Floyd is unmatched right now. And is unblemished. And it drives you insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
                  People look at the numbers way too much these days. Marciano went undefeated and had only one close fight, does that mean he's better than Ali? No, of course not - and I'm a huge fan of Marciano.

Some people also seem to think that Pacquiao's career only began in 2008, that he just drains fighters and that the only thing that happened before then was him losing 3 times. No-one mentions him fighting everyone and anyone in front of him to win the four world titles previous to that.

Sure, Pacquiao has been guilty of getting things his own way when it comes to weight etc, but how did he get into that position in the first place? And it's not like Floyd hasn't done similar things...
                  You said that Pacquao's resume looks better than Mayweather's, and I asked you how. Nowehre in this post do I see an explanation for why Pacquiao's resume is better than Mayweather's. I didn't disrespect Pacquiao or his resume, you dodged my question then responded to a strawman.

By the way, Pacquiao's career didn't start in 2008 but nobody was calling him an atg before then and you know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
                    Pffff. You forgot to mention that Floyd would beat the brakes off of a PRIME JCC. You are making assertions that no one believes except you. As our colleague posted above, Floyd is favored in that fight because he is better in the eyes of every expert. People just became enamored with the PERCEIVED "danger" aspect of a Pacquiao fight. But in the last 2 yrs, that notion, along with Pacquiao's skills started deteriorating. I honestly AGREE that Pacquiao's resume is impressive and I love his activity, both in punch output and in his twice a yr outings. Pacquiao IS more exciting than Floyd. But much of that has to do with the fact that he is more hitable and creates more drama because he is in more bloody fights. Floyd is a masterful boxer that hits and doesn't get hit often. Exciting doesn't make you GREAT. HOFer Gatti is the prime example. Guys like Katsidis are plenty exciting. But to be great you have to have ELITE skills to back up an awesome resume. As far as skills go... Floyd is unmatched right now. And is unblemished. And it drives you insane.
                    Wow. I literally made the same exact point earlier in this thread. I got red k'd. lol

Comment

• I like how everybody is conveniently forgetting how Pacquiao dodged random blood testing when he looked his best. People gave him a pass because they love his stupid nice guy act. If Mayweather would've done that, he'd be viewed like Barry Bonds right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X