No announcement yet.

The hate for Cotto on the island...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    what's $50-60 to the average puertorican?

it's around 10% of a week's pay for your average boxing fan, after taxes.

the average boxing fan doesn't make a ton more than 25-30 k a year, you've got to figure. 600 a week is 30 k a year, roughly.

60 is 10% of that.... it's a lot of money.

still, though, you've got people who want to see him knocked unconscious?
    that's a bit much. i'd be devastated after seeing miguel cotto out and on the ground like that. it's miguel f#cking cotto. show some respect.

I make 75K a year and $50/60 for Cotto-Trout and a bunch of no names is not a good deal. **** I would not have a problem paying like $30 for this shiet.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
      How you guys would feel is HBO was going to broadcast a Floyd fight for free to all their subscribers and then Floyd goes and tells HBO to charge PPV only to those in the states for him to make more money?
      Id pay for the fight and watch him perform or wait till it is uploaded online or even get a stream to be honest,im not going to wish he loses

Comment

In the UK the Hatton fight last week was on PPV while they showed it for free on Showtime...you think we really give a fuk?

Comment

How you guys would feel is HBO was going to broadcast a Floyd fight for free to all their subscribers and then Floyd goes and tells HBO to charge PPV only to those in the states for him to make more money?
          Pacquiao would have been a better example IMO, but i see the your point. It is fu8ked up bro. Thats just wrong. I was under the impression everyone around the world was paying....damn....But nobody but PR is.....thats messed up!

Comment

You know what is really ****ed up? Imagine I pay the $60 for the HD PPV and then the replay is shown on showtime the very next day as they do when they show fights for free.

Comment

Damn, ya'll been paying for Top Rank and PR Best JuanMa and Calderon PPVs forever and now get salty because Cotto has a damn business to run.

And you people are acting like you are the only ones feeling a pinch

Everyone going to the actual fight live have to pay the same fees to watch Cotto/Trout as we did to watch Cotto/Margarito II. But for me, I understand. He has his fighters now that he has to promote and it'll help him cover his costs. And if I have to pay a little more so he can showcase new talent, then so be it. I'll be there riding, whether you fair weather fans ride or not

Comment

Larry and Pac-Boy know what they're talking about...I agree with EVERYTHING they said!!

I feel where the TS is coming from though...I fully understand his complaint..but I wouldn't hate Cotto for this...it is what it is!!

Comment

You know what is really ****ed up? Imagine I pay the $60 for the HD PPV and then the replay is shown on showtime the very next day as they do when they show fights for free.
                  thats messed up. And its not the same watching it for free the next day. Especially when you catch wind of who won!

Comment

Who the **** pays for JuanMa or Calde ppv? c'mon

Comment

Try to do that **** to New York residents only to see what happens...

Comment

Working...
                      X