Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes beat Trout 3x's, Berto and Bradley & Lara is a threat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
    i know which in turn proves my point that Lara is just another hype job NSB has created. Im sorry but beating pwill doesnt instantly turn him into the next SRL like a lot of posters on here like to praise him as such
    This fight on paper is 50-50 imho. Both guys are unproven, and Lara has fought the better opposition. Therefore, it isn't a stretch to say that he'll win. You're making it sound as if Lara being over-hyped means he has no chance.

Willing to bet points?

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      I don't understand how can you say that Alvarez is elite in the 154 division ... He hasn't faced any legit opponent so far (Old and completely shot Mosley is not legit) while Lara has faced Molina with a draw and completely dominated Williams.

For me the only "elite" boxers in the 154 division are Floyd and Cotto, the other guys still have a lot to prove but from them I think that Lara has faced a couple of good guys, Vanes hasn't faced anyone really worthy (maybe Ouma or Roman but they're not great), Canelo keeps facing old and shot guys or LWWs, K9 fights once a year so I can't really say that he's been facing good opposition.
      I agree with what you are saying about canelo and maybe I am too quick to put the elite tag on canelo but he has absolutely dominated everyone he has faced and I get your point

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
        I think it will be a good fight although i don't think vanes will last with lara's straight left landing at will
        watch the sparring video of him sparring chavex... vanes is a lot more easily hit with a right hook because vanes always keeps his right up very high and his left down to couter with left uppercuts and check hooks. mark my words, laras straight left will be non existent in this fight

Comment

Lara is average at best and Vanes isnt much better.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            TS r u implying Lara will be easy work???
            no implying that this fight is a hell of a lot closer than a 24-4 poll dictates and proves my point that NSB as hyped this guy up so much that everyone thinks he is this dominating force that cant be touched

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              This fight on paper is 50-50 imho. Both guys are unproven, and Lara has fought the better opposition. Therefore, it isn't a stretch to say that he'll win. You're making it sound as if Lara being over-hyped means he has no chance.

Willing to bet points?
              I think its a 50/50 fight as well and ill bet ya on it... 300 mill?

Comment

I think its a 50/50 fight as well and ill bet ya on it... 300 mill?
                300M even odds confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                  Lara is average at best and Vanes isnt much better.
                  burner you were a huge pwill fan as well. The only reason Lara is so hyped on here is because he schooled paul, but you know as well as I do that paul had problems with southpaws that wanted to box... if sergio would of boxed and not brawled that first fight he probably would of won but he engaged and let paul brawl like he always wanted to

Comment

no implying that this fight is a hell of a lot closer than a 24-4 poll dictates and proves my point that NSB as hyped this guy up so much that everyone thinks he is this dominating force that cant be touched
                    Hey it happens.... Substitute his name with another similarly hyped Cuban and your point still remains

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Greg

Hey it happens.... Substitute his name with another similarly hyped Cuban and your point still remains
                      Gamboa? I see now...

Good point TS!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X