Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whens Hopkins gonna retire??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins will retire when his body is no longer capable of meeting the physical challenge of training for a fight. And he will let us all know when that moment arrives.

Until then, let's just enjoy watching him build that legacy even further.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
      I think Adamek or Valuev. Either way, he'd be making history. Hell, why not Adamek and then Valuev. **** it. Lol.

Craziest thing is, knowing this guy, it doesn't seem SO impossible.
      i understand the allure of winning belts in multiple divisions......

but nobody cares about adamek, and the cw divsion is dead.......

taking nothing away from roy jones, and i heards somebody mention this once, but moving up and beating an alphabet HW for the belt is aiight, but if you're trying to make a statement, you should fight THE hw champ.

**** it, if hops is bored, and really wants to continue fighting, then i guess adamek or valuev, but he's already the man, and its feasible he'll beat either one of those guys, so i don't see what either of those fights add to his career. he wants to make a statement, he should fight vladimir, and my boy aint gonna do it, and calzaghe is retired, so its time to hang 'em up.

Comment

Originally posted by White Hope View Post
        he said he wants to fight adamek and adamek aint even a big name, dawson whooped his ass . Hopkins should fight 3 ppl, 1 of the three before retirement, james toney, chad dawson, nikoly valuev. or obviously avenge calzaghe if calzaghe somehow comes back
        Why should he? Hopkins got nothing to prove. If he want a belt from the cruiserweight division, that's fine with me.

Comment

Personally would like to see a Hopkins v rjj 2 Farewell match. That is if rjj will stop ducking Hopkins

Comment

In an interview about facing Adamek, Hopkins called it the Junior Heavyweight Division. I don't know why, but that just sounds a lot catchier.

Maybe it's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
              Personally would like to see a Hopkins v rjj 2 Farewell match. That is if rjj will stop ducking Hopkins
              Jones isn't ducking Hopkins. Hopkins saw how horrible Jones looked against Calzaghe and said the rematch would never happen, because he doesn't want to take advantage of Roy's name.

He also had a talk with Roy and Roy's sons, telling Roy he should retire and that he was already an ATG with nothing else to prove.

Hopkins = Real dude.

Comment

He'll retire when that ***** Calzaghe comes outta retirement and lets B-Hop tap that ass(no ****).

Comment

If he don't get a big fight by summer I think he's done.

Comment

I don't see the problem with fighting Adamek. He's the man at CW right now and aside from Dawson there isn't really any fight at LHW. Either way Bhop doesn't have anything to prove but if he wants to keep fighting Adamek isn't a bad choice. One fight not mentioned that would be interesting would be David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by White Hope View Post
                      he said he wants to fight adamek and adamek aint even a big name, dawson whooped his ass . Hopkins should fight 3 ppl, 1 of the three before retirement, james toney, chad dawson, nikoly valuev. or obviously avenge calzaghe if calzaghe somehow comes back
                      When wil you retire?

Comment

Working...
                      X