Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Washington Trainer: No Problem with Stoppage Against Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stoppage was fine.
    I think people are arguing its premature because the referee immediately looked to jump in, I think he panicked in the heat of the moment but he rectified this. Then the cameraman panned away to Wilder as it was stopped not showing that Washington was gone and stumbling around the ring like a drunk.
    He was done, the stoppage was fine and in fact a great stoppage in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
      my guess is they didn't seem him stumble into the ropes after the stoppage. I was watching the fight in VR and I can see dude looked ok and then all of a sudden stumbled into the ropes like a sniper shot him lol. he was out
      I thought the same. But when I seen him stumble it was definitely a good call. How was the VR?

Comment

That's why I always favor letting the fight come to a clear conclusion like in the old days.

Stopping it too early always leaves room for critics to complain.

Nothing wrong with having multiple knockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          That's why I always favor letting the fight come to a clear conclusion like in the old days.

Stopping it too early always leaves room for critics to complain.

Nothing wrong with having multiple knockdowns.
          23k posts! i think with that BS you just posted just now, it's safe to say that its time for you to take a god damn break from the forum.

Comment

It was a good stoppage. The ref did a good job protecting the fighter here.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
              23k posts! i think with that BS you just posted just now, it's safe to say that its time for you to take a god damn break from the forum.
              He is a good poster, but the referrees needs to protect the boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post

Who the heck are you?

If today's quick trigger refs were the norm we would never have experienced the greatness of Corrales-Castillo I. The first JMM-Pac fight would have been stopped in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Who the heck are you?

If today's quick trigger refs were the norm we would never have experienced the greatness of Corrales-Castillo I. The first JMM-Pac fight would have been stopped in the first round.
                  Are you really comparing Lightweight punches to Heavyweight punches?

Washington wasn't going to recover period.
                  Against a guy that was 37 wins 36 KOs, bums or not ..It's a grown ass man knocking down other grown ass men

Be real man, there was no reason to let Washington receive more punishment especially when he was in no shape or form going to punch back.

Comment

Griffin is a good referee. That stoppage saved Washington's career. There was enough time in the round for Wilder to have seriously hurt Washington. Imo, was a good stoppage.
                    Washington vs Breazele would be a good scrap.

Comment

Ask your self these questions. Did Washington contest the stoppage? Was he going to fall again? Was there a back and forth type action were were both fighters were getting hurt? If he did survive would would he be blasted again and fall?

Answer for your self.

Comment

Working...
                      X