No announcement yet.

Stop comparing Ward to Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    so you keep spoiling someone forever? don't they have to grow up eventually?
    So what do you say to him? We will pay you less as the champion?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      you say we payed you a shi-t ton last time and the fight tanked. this time you are going to have to take less just like you took less to fight alexander brand so he should have no problem doing it again since hes legally mandated to take this fight. champ has nothing to do with purse split. baldomir was champ and made 8 times less than floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        You say, "Here's the deal, Ward, you have two options: Option 1, you earn another clean $5m for a fight you supposedly already won once, or, Option 2, you get sued for breach of contract and are forced to retire, earning yourself exactly nothing and making yourself look like a ***** who knows he got a gift last time. Which do you choose?"

Comment

I'm a ward fan and a may fan, why people lump them together I don't know. Both have been undefeated champions I guess. I wanted to cite about 8 posts and way more examples from the past but I'll sum it up with the word hypocrisy. When Floyd didn't fight PAC for years and years he got the same exact criticism people are handing ward right now and ward already beat kovalev. It's sad. Glad you see his atg status though

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            I'm a ward fan and a may fan, why people lump them together I don't know. Both have been undefeated champions I guess. I wanted to cite about 8 posts and way more examples from the past but I'll sum it up with the word hypocrisy. When Floyd didn't fight PAC for years and years he got the same exact criticism people are handing ward right now and ward already beat kovalev. It's sad. Glad you see his atg status though
            so you fight a guy once and rob him and you are off the hook? public opinion doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Comment

so you fight a guy once and rob him and you are off the hook? public opinion doesn't work that way unfortunately.
              Did ward rob him or the judges? Do you think Floyd became the highest paid boxer of all time from positive public opinion? Did his public opinion matter when 5 years after the fact he is lauded as "a top 5 atg"?

Comment

stop comparing floyd to ward. floyd would never fight anyone as dangerous as a prime kovalev.
                Thank you. Somewhere along the way people totally ignore the what's what of what's what. Kovalev is more dangerous a fighter than Floyd's entire career line up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Thank you. Somewhere along the way people totally ignore the what's what of what's what. Kovalev is more dangerous a fighter than Floyd's entire career line up.
                  Prime Corrales was thought to be just as dangerous as Kovalev. He was actually a slight favorite and his resume was at least as good as Kovalev's. But don't let facts get in your way.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Prime Corrales was thought to be just as dangerous as Kovalev. He was actually a slight favorite and his resume was at least as good as Kovalev's. But don't let facts get in your way.
                    Corrales was thought to be as dangerous as Kovalev, and his resume was at least as good as......

These your facts bro??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Corrales was thought to be as dangerous as Kovalev, and his resume was at least as good as......

These your facts bro??
                      Yes those are facts. I actually followed boxing at the time. Corrales was an unbeaten feared puncher who many thought would beat Mayweather. Ranked top 5 pound for pound by most publications. But when you try to rewrite history or didn't follow the sport at the time I can understand your ignorance.

Care to explain how Kovalev's record is any more impressive than Corrales at that point?

Comment

Working...
                      X