No announcement yet.

Do you think some US fans..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
    Struggle to come to terms with the globalization of the sport in the last decade or so? That is my experience after posting on boxing message boards for many years.. Obviously not all US fight fans (all nations have trolls) but i have conversed with some alarming characters from the US whom certain fighters consume there lives on a daily basis! I for one find the hatred from US fight fans towards other nation fighters disproportionate. Whereas many non US fans tend to support many US fighters both currently & historically. Am i being unfair?

Current fighters like Japaneses Shinsuke Yamanaka & Naoya Inoue tend to go unnoticed by most. Nicaraguan Román González is 3 fights away from equaling Marciano & FMJ's 49-0 & is p4p number 1 yet most casuals don't even know or care who he is! The Eastern European/former soviet nation fighters seem to be the real focus of US hatred.. Probably down to the cold war & US/USSR relations, the fact that they tend to fight at larger weights (which are the more prominent divisions) & probably an ethnic element too as most US boxers tend to be black thus bringing with them a large black fan base! Rather than the apathy towards many of the above mentioned some EE fighters inspire genuine hatred & in some cases a sustained campaign to denounce them. Brit bashing is par for the course too (Frampton, Calzaghe, Froch & Fury etc) but that's always been the case between the two nations but i think the soviet element (Klitschko, Kovalev, Golovkin, Lomachenko) really does upset people! Am i wrong?

This isn't meant to offend US fans but #nonusboxersmatter
    while you have a good thesis i have to say you chose a really bad platform to argue it on, yes forums are for that purpose but really the amount of ******s (for a lack of better word) of all colors and nations are present on NSB, a much better forum for discussion and debate appears to be the boxrec forum but doesn't have as much traffic.

you are likely just going to get questioned on your agenda, skin color, race, IQ level etc... and your thesis will be lost by the time the thread reaches page 2 or 3.

Comment

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
      damn dude, your fiancee is smoking HOT, congrats
      Thé main posters alt..

Charlie Zelenoff pays people to be in his videos. As if it isn't hard to find a random google image

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        I'm a fan of GGG not Pac but both are same & shifted allegiance is a blatant generalization.. Just because some fans are obnoxious on here & go on defending him no matter what, doesn't make the whole set nutters.. You have these kinds on either side.. Kigali just is anti Golovkin & Klitschko.. his fav fighter is Ross Purrity - that should tell you something about him

I've reported you for racism & sent you red k & have taken away all your points
        Racism ? If anything it is racism that draws these GGG fan boys from Pac to GGG rooting against Floyd. I know a lot dislike Floyd because of his attitude, history and character in general but it isn't about him as a person this is boxing.

This site has a massive racial undercurrent, it's ugly if you ever believe I'm in the trappings of something like you tell me straight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
          No. I'm an Asian lady-boy apparently.
          It's an ancient Jewish tradition to lone your buddy his women whilst his is pregnant. Would you not even do it for me if she was carrying ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
            Racism ? If anything it is racism that draws these GGG fan boys from Pac to GGG rooting against Floyd. I know a lot dislike Floyd because of his attitude, history and character in general but it isn't about him as a person this is boxing.

This site has a massive racial undercurrent, it's ugly if you ever believe I'm in the trappings of something like you tell me straight.

I personally like Floyd & his style in the ring.. Outside of the ring, not so much & I guess most people won't..

Dude! chill I was kidding about you being a racist(& the red k) because you hate GGG, that's how it works here if you hate Ward/Floyd too..

So, we good bro.. no ****..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              I personally like Floyd & his style in the ring.. Outside of the ring, not so much & I guess most people won't..

Dude! chill I was kidding about you being a racist(& the red k) because you hate GGG, that's how it works here if you hate Ward/Floyd too..

So, we good bro.. no ****..
              I don't hate GGG at all. That is so far from the truth, it's his fan base. What bothers me is I was a fan before these fückwits. I just feel he's washed 160 out and he's overmatched, his fights aren't competitive and as a boxing fan I want competitive action. A move to 168 is a must he'll clear the place out too the top thRee can't live with him finish his career with 171-172 catch weight something whereby Ward will not suffer in later life having to make like 164 for instance, 168 I think is out of the question now. Even if GGG lost I wouldn't believe it detracted from his career against Ward I feel that would be a true gift to boxing fans, a real drama show, Ward forced to fight an inside game.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                Golovkin is the only one who's hated and that's mainly because he's overhyped even though he hasn't accomplished much in the sport.

Plus his fanbase is literal cancer.
                if you not White with blue eyes, blond hair the Yanks don't give a damn, look Trump might be the next president, he is dumb but the people he will control are just dumber

Comment

I don't hate GGG at all. That is so far from the truth, it's his fan base. What bothers me is I was a fan before these fückwits. I just feel he's washed 160 out and he's overmatched, his fights aren't competitive and as a boxing fan I want competitive action. A move to 168 is a must he'll clear the place out too the top thRee can't live with him finish his career with 171-172 catch weight something whereby Ward will not suffer in later life having to make like 164 for instance, 168 I think is out of the question now. Even if GGG lost I wouldn't believe it detracted from his career against Ward I feel that would be a true gift to boxing fans, a real drama show, Ward forced to fight an inside game.
                  Exactly how I feel.

I have respect for Golovkin as a fighter, but I think his career is garbage.

Comment

Well like you I hope GGG-Ward happens too for the sake of boxing, anywhere between 168 & 175 is fine.. He may very well lose that, but I am no Floydy who cries for losing a 0..
                    Jumping to 168 & cleaning out a meh division wouldn't put him on top of the pedestal but it will elevate his resume for sure.. Jacobs in Dec, Billy in March & then off to 168, no looking back - ideally but lets hope he moves up next year to fight the bigger guys..

Comment

/thread.....

Comment

Working...
                      X