Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im Sorry, but You Shouldnt be on PPV if you dont have a great NAME on your RESUME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not ordering Canelo Smith. And I'm a big Canelo fan.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      I want to say yes, but I'm not 100% sure.
      well floyd did fight corrales and castillo before being ppv so that's somewhat acceptable.

cant even hate on floyd for this.

smdh....

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        There are just too many.. Only the biggest of events should be PPV.
        Of course that's the way it should be and that's what everyone wants. The problem though is lack of money from the networks. Any fight these days where the purse of the two main even fighters is over $3-$4 million, the networks his aren't willing to pay, mainly due to budget cuts, so the only alternative to make these fights happen, other than the fighters themselves asking for less money, is it put it on PPV. The result is fights like Crawford vs Postol and Golovkin vs Lemeuix having to go to PPV in order to pay for the purses and break even from a small number of buys.

I don't know what the solution is. Part of it is so many fighters over value their worth and the other part is the major networks simply having **** yearly budgets.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Of course that's the way it should be and that's what everyone wants. The problem though is lack of money from the networks. Any fight these days where the purse of the two main even fighters is over $3-$4 million, the networks his aren't willing to pay, mainly due to budget cuts, so the only alternative to make these fights happen, other than the fighters themselves asking for less money, is it put it on PPV. The result is fights like Crawford vs Postol and Golovkin vs Lemeuix having to go to PPV in order to pay for the purses and break even from a small number of buys.

I don't know what the solution is. Part of it is so many fighters over value their worth and the other part is the major networks simply having **** yearly budgets.
          stop ordering unworthy ppvs.

the fans did with berto floyd and pacquiao bradley.

Comment

Nope thats bs.

Anyone who holds enough appeal to get people to pay to see him is a viable PPV fighter. Case in point Anthony Joshua right now. He's beaten prospect caliber guys at best thus far in his career & I think he gots over a half a mill (UK) PPV buys already & he's only going to grow as a PPV guy as long as he keeps winning & moving up in competition regardless of when he gets a great name on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Nope thats bs.

Anyone who holds enough appeal to get people to pay to see him is a viable PPV fighter. Case in point Anthony Joshua right now. He's beaten prospect caliber guys at best thus far in his career & I think he gots over a half a mill (UK) PPV buys already & he's only going to grow as a PPV guy as long as he keeps winning & moving up in competition regardless of when he gets a great name on his resume.
              that's in the UK.

they thirsty for star athletes and WTF else are you gonna do in britain?

soccer, boxing? become a muzzy????

why do you think wilder has compiled such an impressive looking record yet is not ppv in america but joshua already is in the UK?

Comment

Crawford vs Postol would not have happened had it not done on PPV. Fight was too risky for Terence. He wanted too much money. HBO couldn't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  that's in the UK.
                  Its still PPV. PPV isn't US only.

why do you think wilder has compiled such an impressive looking record yet is not ppv in america but joshua already is in the UK?
                  Joshua lives in a region with loyal boxing fans who think they got the next Tyson on their hands or at least a guy who can become THE heavyweight champion & not just a title holder. Thats appealing & garners people to throw money at PPV despite a great name on his record. Deontay doesn't live in a country with that reality nor does anyone think he's the next Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Its still PPV. PPV isn't US only.
                    yea, only modern first world developed nations get charged ppv due to the citizenry's dispensable income unlike poor third world nations. That's why most big ppv fights are shown in latin america for free and why pacquiao's fights in the philippines are shown for free.

Joshua lives in a region with loyal boxing fans who think they got the next Tyson on their hands or at least a guy who can become THE heavyweight champion & not just a title holder. Thats appealing & garners people to throw money at PPV despite a great name on his record. Deontay doesn't live in a country with that reality nor does anyone think he's the next Tyson.
                    so basically the same thing i said.

the brits are starved for star athletes while america couldnt care less since its always had star athletes in almost every sport except soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                      stop ordering unworthy ppvs.

the fans did with berto floyd and pacquiao bradley.
                      That's the thing, not many people do order. The promoters figure out exactly how many PPVs they need to break even or make a profit. So for example Crawford vs Postol, it sells like 70k or whatever, and that's enough to cover the purses. Golovkin vs Lemeuix does about 150k, it covers the purses and event. As long as they get X amount of buys, they don't care.

Comment

Working...
                      X