Collapse
No announcement yet.

How short is too short for heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's possible to be successful as a short heavyweight, you just need to know how to get inside better and cut off the ring to overcome the height difference. You'll also need to maintain a lot of muscle mass to be competitive. So basically the answer is no, but you'll have to work harder.

Weight lifting didn't stunt your growth, I've lifted weights since I was 13 and I grew to exactly my predicted height based on my growth charts.

Comment

5'4, 5'3

i think is a bit too short, 4 foot, forget about it

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        How tall are your parents? Do you have any older brothers?

Weightlifting wouldn't stunt your growth. Your brain doesn't stop growing until you're 25 either. The notion you become an adult at 18 is a bit silly tbh.
        luckily for the thread starter. no offence but seriously stop worrying about such things...

Comment

some considerations for boxing at HW:

how hard do you punch, and how good is your chin?

Comment

You could always give this a try...

A tall order
            It's painful and slow, but can make you five inches taller. Jonathan Watts on the surgical trend sweeping China - leg-lengthening

Kong Jing-wen has paid £5,700 to have both of her legs broken and stretched on a rack. The pretty college graduate is now lying in bed, clearly still in considerable pain three days after a doctor sawed through the flesh and bone below her knee to insert what looks an awful lot like knitting needles through the length of her tibiae.

These giant steel pins are connected by eight screws punched horizontally through her ankle and calf to a steel cage surrounding each leg. Once the bone starts to heal, these cages will act like a medieval torture device - each day over the next few months Kong will turn the screws a fraction and stretch her limbs more and more until she has grown by 8cm.

read the full story here
            http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/dec/15/gender.uk

I wonder if this works for the penis as well?
            Last edited by jaded; 10-23-2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

^Yes it does. Frankenstein penis is very popular in China.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

so, you're a manlet?

Comment

there is no blueprint for it, everyone has different builds and genetics.

guys like marciano, tua and tyson were all very naturally thick and stocky men though. that you would be naturally stockier than them is unlikely, knowing you are a former bodybuilder that's most likely to blame for the predicament you find yourself in atm.

none the less you shouldn't be too focused on your weight or height, especially as you are just starting out. simply try to be the best version of yourself, if that's a thinner version than you would like so be it. you wont look big, tough or bad ass lying flat on your face sucking up dust.

don't be preoccupied with height though, just work hard and smart and the rest will take care of itself. i'm 6'4 and i'm no heavyweight, i have a naturally thin build. when i was young i wanted to look what i thought at the time was the look a fighter "should" have, with time i realized looking the part is often counterproductive. just focus on getting your hand raised.

Comment

Working...
                  X