Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had a time machine and went back to 1997. You talk to boxing fans/experts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had a time machine and went back to 1997. You talk to boxing fans/experts

If you had a time machine and went back to 1997, you telling boxing fans and experts about boxing's future.

What do you think will be the single most shocking thing for them to hear

1- Roy Jones Jr in 2012 is approaching double digits in losses and have been knocked out 4 times.

2-The two biggest PPV Stars in 2012 would be former featherweights

3- Heavyweight title fights in 2012 is shown on EPIX instead of HBO PPV.

4- BERNARD HOPKINS would end up fighting at an elite level all the way up to 2011.

5-Arturo Gatti will end up in the hall of fame ..

6- Larry Merchant would have JUST RETIRED at the END of 2012.

7- Oscar De La Hoya would have ended up being a successful CEO of a major boxing promotional company and be caught in panties.

8- 30 year old fighters are now called prospects and 'kids'.
    Roy Jones Jr in 2012 will be approaching double digit losses and be koed 4 times
    57.58%
    Two former featherweights will be the top PPV stars
    6.06%
    Heavyweight Title fights are now shown on EPIXX
    9.09%
    Bernard Hopkins all the way up to 2011 was STILL elite
    12.12%
    Larry Merchant would have kept going until 2012
    0.00%
    ARTURO GATTI HALL OF FAME
    0.00%
    Oscar De La Hoya would have been caught wearing panties and be a successful CEO of boxing company
    9.09%
    Fighters at age 30 are now called 'prospects'
    6.06%
    Last edited by Skittlez; 12-18-2012, 10:16 PM.

7- Oscar De La Hoya would have ended up being a successful CEO of a major boxing promotional company and be caught in panties.

This back then people thought of boxers as idiots.

Comment

4- BERNARD HOPKINS would end up fighting at an elite level all the way up to 2011.

Comment

Roy jr hands down obe of the most dominant figures at the moment in 1997

Comment

Two former featherweights will be the top PPV stars - Never would have thought at that time that the little guys could actually HEADLINE a PPV, let alone become the TOP PPV stars.
          The RJJ thing wouldn't surprise me at all - I would do the math and after realizing that he would be in his 40s in 2012, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr in 2012 will be approaching double digit losses and be koed 4 times.

Comment

i would tell them not to believe in the hype job steroid user plankiao because hes gonna get planked at the very end of 2012 by a guy that floyd toyed with

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                i would tell them not to believe in the hype job steroid user plankiao because hes gonna get planked at the very end of 2012 by a guy that floyd toyed with
                you do realize Mayweather cheats in other ways, retire when the landscape got dangerous came back to an easy fight making a lighweight jump up two weight classes just to cheat on the scales by 2 pounds and he didnt even try to make weight and fight night he injects Xylocaine into his fights so that he can punch harder and last the full 12 rounds. Giving all this the best he did against Marquez was score a flash knock down.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                  i would tell them to believe in the hype job steroid user plankiao because hes gonna get planked at the very end of 2012 by a guy that floyd toyed with
                  I will tell the boxing fans Floyd will be scared to death and will never fight the former minimumweight Pacquaio. Then after his 40 fights, all of the sudden he will make his own Olympic fake test only to be caught later on by his own test on 3 occasions.
                  Last edited by whirlwind; 12-19-2012, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Heavyweight Title fights are now shown on EPIXX

This for me, Heavys were and always had been the top division.

Also

One of the two top PPV stars will not be American, Mexican or Puerto Rican.

Comment

Working...
                    X