Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden boy promotions vs top rank who do you side with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Boy is a sham. Arum definitely protects certain moneymakers, but GBP is more about manufacturing guys into stars with the help of HBO. Arum just waits for excellent fighters to emerge and then signs them when theyre hot.

Arum has really been looking to change and innovate the past few years. Big fights going to Dallas and NYC instead of Vegas. Live bands and DJs at Top Rank events.

Its just baby steps, but Arum knows that boxing has faded the past decade and is trying new stuff out. In all honesty, Oscar is just looking for a prettyboy he can market the way he marketed himself.

Comment

Originally posted by De la hoya 801 View Post

Comment

Both have ups and downs.

Arum is looking to improve the sport with tv deals and new locations but only fights his stars in house.

GBP puts its stars against anyone, but essentially gives nothing back to the sport. Just takes.

Comment

Originally posted by De la hoya 801 View Post
          neither.

i'm a strong believer in the benefits of fierce competition for the customers. the healthier the competition, the more it benefits the fans of boxing.

Comment

Top Rank... Bob knows this business inside and out since the Ali days... best thing about Bob: he don't give a **** on what you say...

Golden Boy should start booking local dodgeball matches...

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
              neither.

i'm a strong believer in the benefits of fierce competition for the customers. the healthier the competition, the more it benefits the fans of boxing.
              I agree with that.

Although it would be nice if they could set aside their differences a bit better but that is a two way street also

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
                Both have ups and downs.

Arum is looking to improve the sport with tv deals and new locations but only fights his stars in house.

GBP puts its stars against anyone, but essentially gives nothing back to the sport. Just takes.
                Bob Arum is not looking to improve the sport I am sorry, he does what benefits him, and his company ( by extension some of his fighters if they are with the program and have star power).

I wouldn't say GBP is any better really but in that regard I really see little difference.

I would agree both have good and bad points though.

Comment

I like the idea of boxers looking out for themselves...and GBP allow their fighters to promote themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X