• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon Starling vs Roberto Duran

at 147 who wins and how?

On their best night Duran easily.

Comment

Duran didn't always get up for fights and this could have been one of them.....and that would be a real problem for him against Starling.

Duran would have had to be ready to work non-stop throughout the fight, because he wouldn't beat Starling by hurting and KOing him. Starling was a great defensive fighter, and actually had a pretty potent offense when he opened up- especially with his left hook.

I see Duran outworking Starling for most of the fight while being good enough defensively himself to neutralize Marlon when he did fire back.

Duran by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        at 147 who wins and how?
        And what is your point ??........ an ATG against a very good fighter but certainly not Great, and what the hell have you got against Starling ???... you want him to get killed or something ???

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          And what is your point ??........ an ATG against a very good fighter but certainly not Great, and what the hell have you got against Starling ???... you want him to get killed or something ???
          Duran "killed" pretty much no one at 147, while Starling was never "killed" by anyone.

Starling was an extremely skilled, smart, and tough individual. The furthest thing from an easy mark for the 147lb Duran.

Comment

On their best night Duran easily.
            Don't see anyone beating Starling easily at his best, his defense was excellent and is probably the best I've seen at fighting out of the high guard (Nelson ?), he's good enough to be competitive with most.

See the fight going as jabs said, Duran doing most of the work and keeping busy in rounds is what will win him the fight, he's not KO'ing him that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              Duran "killed" pretty much no one at 147, while Starling was never "killed" by anyone.

Starling was an extremely skilled, smart, and tough individual. The furthest thing from an easy mark for the 147lb Duran.
              I just think that for Duran, we can come up with a greater name.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Don't see anyone beating Starling easily at his best, his defense was excellent and is probably the best I've seen at fighting out of the high guard (Nelson ?), he's good enough to be competitive with most.

See the fight going as jabs said, Duran doing most of the work and keeping busy in rounds is what will win him the fight, he's not KO'ing him that's for sure.
                I'm unsure which nelson you are referring to.

Comment

I'm unsure which nelson you are referring to.
                  Azumah Nelson.

Comment

I just think that for Duran, we can come up with a greater name.
                    Sure, but that would be ground that was covered. I assume the reason SCTrojan put Starling in there was because Starling was an overlooked fighter (which you helped prove!) who would have truly tested Duran.

Comment

Working...
                    X