Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GGG, Canelo, Charlo,Andrade make 147 and make the IBF 10 pound weight limit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Whether or whether not I like a fighter is irrelevant. My argument isn't based on emotions, despite you trying to make it personal

When he actually achieves something that warrants his hype, I'll pay attention. Until then, he's another promotional project
    He beat Mikey who beat Broner yet Manny did something great?? and he has been chasing Thurman for years..

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      He beat Mikey who beat Broner yet Manny did something great?? and he has been chasing Thurman for years..

Neither was a noteworthy win. Garcia is clearly small at 140, never mind 147. Broner, well, that needs no explanation.

Spence is about to fight Porter. What has suddenly changed now that Spence can fight someone relevant at 147? They were ducking him then, but not now?

If Spence blitz through Porter, then I'll start to believe. If he has another close encounter, similar to Porter's fights with Thurman and Garcia, then I think it pretty much proves the division is not as talent laden as people like to make out. A 40 year old Pacquiao is convincingly beating that level of fighter

Comment

That's 2 questions.The first question is can they make the weight?
        Answer: Of course, it's called dieting.
        The 2nd question is could they be effective at that weight.
        Answer: Of course not. They'd be weak and over trained.

Comment

Are you out of your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            and still beat top comp??? post and discuss

I would guess..... that none of them can make 147

if any of those guys could somehow make 147, then they would likely also make the IBF 10-pound restriction..... but my guess is, that none of them could do it

FACT: none of them could make 147 AND be healthy

did you mean 154, by any chance ?

Comment

Top competition like a drained broken Brook(in a competitive fight no less) and Peterson? Murderers row of opponents there

The thing about Spence isn’t necessarily the weight. It’s just his ‘reign’ as champion is ridiculously poor. When a 40 year old Pacquiao is on a better row of opponents, you know something is up.

He’s another one of these projects that hasn’t deserved the hype he gets. Once he beats someone relevant, maybe I’ll change my mind. But he hasn’t done anything for years with that belt.

good points there

the problem for Spence (and Crawford), is that they are now both inextricably linked to each other

the fans have (correctly) decided, that they are #1 and #2

which is somewhat surprising, considering the daily ret4rdation that we read from some of those very same "fans"

until they fight, neither of their reputations are heading anywhere positive

Comment

Doubtful any of them can make 154 and the 10lb next day limit.

Comment

Whether or whether not I like a fighter is irrelevant. My argument isn't based on emotions, despite you trying to make it personal

When he actually achieves something that warrants his hype, I'll pay attention. Until then, he's another promotional project

Kell Brook was a very good win for Spence..... but you're right, Spence (and Crawford) are going nowhere until they fight

that win over Brook is far better than anything Crawford has ever done at 147..... and yet, Spence has not been able to distance himself from Crawford..... not in the minds of most fans anyway

by delaying the fight, they may be able to secure some safe paydays..... but until that fight happens, their reputations are going nowhere

I have Crawford a slight favorite at this point, solely based on style

Comment

Neither was a noteworthy win. Garcia is clearly small at 140, never mind 147. Broner, well, that needs no explanation.

Spence is about to fight Porter. What has suddenly changed now that Spence can fight someone relevant at 147? They were ducking him then, but not now?

If Spence blitz through Porter, then I'll start to believe. If he has another close encounter, similar to Porter's fights with Thurman and Garcia, then I think it pretty much proves the division is not as talent laden as people like to make out. A 40 year old Pacquiao is convincingly beating that level of fighter

Porter is actually a great measuring stick

Comment

If you meant 160 then the answer is yes. However, if you meant 147 then the answer is no because none of those guys can make the 147 lbs welterweight limit.

Comment

Working...
                      X