Crawford says Canelo ducking Charlo but Spence not ducking him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    You've got selective reading like you do selective memory??? 😂🤣
    You really think Canelo is ducking Charlo??
    I wanna hear your honest opinion.
    Keep it real here!
    I say Canelo is ducking Charlo. High risk low reward is the reason. They'll eventually fight, will probably be a lot better fight than you think.

And yeah I know all the Charlo hate for not finishing other guys, Nelo has had few KO's in his big fights against a real opponent too. Khan doesn't count ... nor that 168 lber from the UK. And Liam Smith? - bah!

Couldn't put a dent on old Cotto, Lara, Mayweather embarrassed him, Jacobs, GGG should have two draws.

Nelo has gotten tougher and better obviously, but he still doesn't have a KO against an elite opponent. Minus the hype he's right on Charlo's level.

He won't fare well with the LHW's .... Kovalev, Bivol, Callum Smith, etc. He'll have to cherry-pick somebody at LHW (even though he weighed 170+ fighting 150lb. Floyd). (PS- Unless Kovalev is done ...overcome by his troubles. That might end up being a cherry pick).

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
      I say Canelo is ducking Charlo. High risk low reward is the reason. They'll eventually fight, will probably be a lot better fight than you think.

And yeah I know all the Charlo hate for not finishing other guys, Nelo has had few KO's in his big fights against a real opponent too. Khan doesn't count ... nor that 168 lber from the UK. And Liam Smith? - bah!

Couldn't put a dent on old Cotto, Lara, Mayweather embarrassed him, Jacobs, GGG should have two draws.

Nelo has gotten tougher and better obviously, but he still doesn't have a KO against an elite opponent. Minus the hype he's right on Charlo's level.

He won't fare well with the LHW's .... Kovalev, Bivol, Callum Smith, etc. He'll have to cherry-pick somebody at LHW (even though he weighed 170+ fighting 150lb. Floyd). (PS- Unless Kovalev is done ...overcome by his troubles. That might end up being a cherry pick).
      To keep it real with you I really don't see Charlo as being high risk.
      And forget the KO's, Canelo is just a better overall fighter than Charlo in every way imaginable.
      I just don't see Charlo doing anything better than Canelo..
      Do you??
      He fought Mayweather and Lara 5 years ago so that's irrelevant.
      Wether you think Canelo won or lost vs Triple g and Jacob's (I had Canelo 1-1 vs Triple g and he clearly beat Jacob's) what fighter has Charlo fought on the level of Triple g/Jacob's???
      Like I said man, I really don't see Charlo as that big of a threat to Canelo. The only thing he has on Canelo is size and reach and Canelo has proven to be able to adapt to taller and longer fighter's....
      So I see Canelo beating Charlo comfortably on the score cards.
      But like I said, Canelo isn't ducking Charlo. It's Oscar and Al Haymon preventing the fight from happening...
      When have you ever heard Charlo or Al Haymon sending Canelo a contract for a fight??

Comment

To keep it real with you I really don't see Charlo as being high risk.
        And forget the KO's, Canelo is just a better overall fighter than Charlo in every way imaginable.
        I just don't see Charlo doing anything better than Canelo..
        Do you??
        Honestly no. But no one thought Ruiz did anything better than Joshua either. Styles still makes fights. Charlo (if he fights agressively) has the right tools and aggression to get in Canelo's head. I expect a war as long as Charlo is agressive, which I think he will be. In an agressive fight I think Charlo is fast enough and slick enough to tag Canelo and possibly hurt him.

Admittedly, we don't know much about Charlo's chin, but his size will get him through I believe. Canelo has never been able to hurt elite-level guys, because he hasn't been able to connect a big shot and he hasn't had the power to hurt them.

Is Charlo elite enough? Everyone, including Charlo, will be interested to see. I believe Charlo's trainers will have him prepared to finish the fight. If he does, with his style, I like his chances. Hopefully he doesn't fight passive in his biggest fight, and wants more than just his career payday (Jacobs didn't).
        Last edited by MastaBlasta; 07-31-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

But like I said, Canelo isn't ducking Charlo. It's Oscar and Al Haymon preventing the fight from happening...
          When have you ever heard Charlo or Al Haymon sending Canelo a contract for a fight??
          I think Oscar is preventing it. Haymon/Charlo has nothing to lose and everything to gain from this fight. Why would they not want it? Outsde of maybe getting Charlo more experience, they would be licking their chops.

Ofcourse they would angle toward some type of concessions from DAZN for showing the fight. DAZN streams ... PBC should go ahead and PPV it. There has to be a test one day to see what gets most watched. I think the PPV would do well (with Theaters showings included) vs the stream, perhaps at $50 PPV. DAZN doesn't have many US subscribers anyway, and I'm not sure how many would subscribe just for a Charlo/Nelo fight. The live gate would be huge in Texas.

Comment

Honestly no. But no one thought Ruiz did anything better than Joshua either. Styles still makes fights. Charlo (if he fights agressively) has the right tools and aggression to get in Canelo's head. I expect a war as long as Charlo is agressive, which I think he will be. In an agressive fight I think Charlo is fast enough and slick enough to tag Canelo and possibly hurt him.

Admittedly, we don't know much about Charlo's chin, but his size will get him through I believe. Canelo has never been able to hurt elite-level guys, because he hasn't been able to connect a big shot and he hasn't had the power to hurt them.

Is Charlo elite enough? Everyone, including Charlo, will be interested to see. I believe Charlo's trainers will have him prepared to finish the fight. If he does, with his style, I like his chances. Hopefully he doesn't fight passive in his biggest fight, and wants more than just his career payday (Jacobs didn't).

Oh I agree with you that Charlo can win. He definitely can hurt Canelo.
            But as we both saw in the second Triple g fight and against Jacob's once Canelo started connecting with them counters both Triple g and Jacob's fought entirely different than coming forward. Granted Jacob's waited too long to turn up the heat but was that due to Canelo's counter's???
            Like Tyson said, everyone has a plan till they get hit.
            We both know Canelo has a chin but we really don't know if Charlo has one...
            It would be a great fight and Charlo certainly has the capability to beat Canelo but I just don't think he will unless he show's Canelo no respect and tries to walk threw everything Canelo throws at him but feel Canelo hits hard enough to keep Charlo at bay...

Comment

I think Oscar is preventing it. Haymon/Charlo has nothing to lose and everything to gain from this fight. Why would they not want it? Outsde of maybe getting Charlo more experience, they would be licking their chops.

Ofcourse they would angle toward some type of concessions from DAZN for showing the fight. DAZN streams ... PBC should go ahead and PPV it. There has to be a test one day to see what gets most watched. I think the PPV would do well (with Theaters showings included) vs the stream, perhaps at $50 PPV. DAZN doesn't have many US subscribers anyway, and I'm not sure how many would subscribe just for a Charlo/Nelo fight. The live gate would be huge in Texas.
              I'm sure we can agree that Canelo is the A side so if the fight was to happen it would be on DAZN. Even if Canelo wanted to fight on Showtime ppv cause I also believe a Canelo-Charlo fight would sell he can't. He's signed to DAZN.
              And I do believe Oscar is holding up the fight but I also believe Al Haymon really has no interest in making it. I think if Oscar was to call Haymon to negotiate then Haymon would be open to negotiate but at the same time he won't make the first move and call Oscar himself.
              Charlo is loud and always talking shet about Canelo but when have you heard him say Al Haymon sent a contract to Golden Boy promotions for a Canelo fight??? I never have.
              Why can't Al Haymon reach out to oscar if he really wants to make the fight???

Comment

Crawford should be focusing on his own opponent selection. He's nearly 32 and his best opponent remains an undersized and aging Gamboa from years ago. The dude is wasting his prime.

Comment

Why can't Al Haymon reach out to oscar if he really wants to make the fight???
                  Don't entertain mastadumbsta.

Showtime needs Wilder, Davis, Broner, and Charlo specifically. Broner is just proxy gate keeper entertainment, reserved for the ghetto watchers that love rap music.

GBP doesnt like to mingle with opposing forces whom stole his stable to begin with, so if it's avoidable then by all means don't supply business to Al Haymon and the back stabber Rich Schaeffer.

By all means call it ''politics'' or easy politics when you have to deal money grubbing wh0res like Al Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
                    Don't entertain mastadumbsta.

Showtime needs Wilder, Davis, Broner, and Charlo specifically. Broner is just proxy gate keeper entertainment, reserved for the ghetto watchers that love rap music.

GBP doesnt like to mingle with opposing forces whom stole his stable to begin with, so if it's avoidable then by all means don't supply business to Al Haymon and the back stabber Rich Schaeffer.

By all means call it ''politics'' or easy politics when you have to deal money grubbing wh0res like Al Haymon
                    Do you have a personal hatred towards Hayman or do you run with the DAZN crew.
                    I'm just trying to figure out we're your coming from with all this hatred and promoters sides.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      I'm just trying to figure out we're your coming from with all this hatred and promoters sides.
                      DAZN is a promoter? Haymon is a promoter?

lol. sit down kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X