Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with Arum that a Fury-Wilder 2 will be bigger than Mayweather-Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be close, PPV wise. Significance is bigger for Fury/Wilder.

Everyone but Mannytards knew Floyd was going to box circles around him.

Comment

Arum is right, if they can pry Control away from haymon this fight will be massive. Last fight was under haymon control and it bombed and had a terrible robbery as its conclusion.

Espn is the biggest sports network in the world.

Comment

I don't care if it sells 2 tickets as long as I get to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          I don't care if it sells 2 tickets as long as I get to see it.
          Get a job as a fire man close to the venue and you should get your ticket free.

Comment

Wilder-Fury 1 and 2 combined wouldn't touch the numbers May-Pac rematch would do now. Even with them both far removed from their primes and people hating their first fight.

Comment

It's not that big of fight. The first two GGG-Canelo fights and the upcoming third one are all bigger. It won't be even close to as big as Mayweather-Pacquiao. If a Crawford-Spence fight was made I think it would sell better than the Wilder-Fury rematch.

Comment

No, not at all. It will be a better fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
                  His main point seems to rest that historically the heavyweight fights have been bigger events than the lower weight classes. However Mayweather was a huge boxing star and was popular for years prior to the Pacquiao fight so was Manny.

Fury seems to have just made a name for himself in the US and Wilder despite being American has never been a real household name. With several months to go between the expected rematch can Fury-Wilder make up the difference?
                  Fury & D Wilder do not have the personality Money May & Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao had so it will do less PPV #'s, less @ the gate.

Comment

Hell no..........

Comment

It will do half the numbers Holmes vs Cooney did

Comment

Working...
                      X