No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios leave Robert Garcia, this dude is not a serious trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Watching his videos over and over on ESNEWS and all this dude does is eat, and clown around, I feel bad for those Russians training there, if I were the Russians I would go to Palm Springs/Indio area and train with Joel Diaz over Garcia.

This dude Robert Garcia sucks, always eating and talking smack never serious, I could never train with a trainer like him, its cool to joke around once and a while but a fighter needs a trainer they can look up to and respect who is serious and strict not some clown you look down to and even call him a mufu.kka.

This guy and two other dudes are the ones who work the mitts and take care of the fighters, while Robert collects the majority of the check and works the corner on fight night, this dude is a slob, seriously who would waste their time training with him? He doesn't do jack, I wish Brandon Rios would leave Garcia, he needs to get with a strict coach who doesn't joke around and let him balloon in weight.

Garcia is the mexican version of Buddy McGirt both guys let themselves go and lack energy.

Ironically, he's eating an apple. What a slob/glutton.

Comment

Watching his videos over and over on ESNEWS and all this dude does is eat, and clown around, I feel bad for those Russians training there, if I were the Russians I would go to Palm Springs/Indio area and train with Joel Diaz over Garcia.

This dude Robert Garcia sucks, always eating and talking smack never serious, I could never train with a trainer like him, its cool to joke around once and a while but a fighter needs a trainer they can look up to and respect who is serious and strict not some clown you look down to and even call him a mufu.kka.

This guy and two other dudes are the ones who work the mitts and take care of the fighters, while Robert collects the majority of the check and works the corner on fight night, this dude is a slob, seriously who would waste their time training with him? He doesn't do jack, I wish Brandon Rios would leave Garcia, he needs to get with a strict coach who doesn't joke around and let him balloon in weight.

Garcia is the mexican version of Buddy McGirt both guys let themselves go and lack energy.

You pointed out a very good observation. My take on this is, a trainer cannot be your "friend" per say because its a conflict of interest. I dont think Garcia has this kinda relationship with the Russian guys he trains though, probably moreso just with the latino boxers he has in camp. I think once the trainer/boxer barrier is broken into more of a friendship, thats when its time to switch trainers. If you notice "most" successful boxers either had their father or a father figure teach them which instilled discipline & respect in the fighter. I noticed the same thing with Henry Ramirez, he had the same kinda relationship with Chris Arreola, Im not saying Arreola wouldve been a world beater with someone else but at least he wouldve had more discipline had Ramirez had the my way or the highway sorta mentality with him. As a trainer for my kids, I do everything they do, if the jump rope for 30 mins, I do it to, if they run 6 miles I do it too etc... lead by example to sum it up...

Comment

The problem of rios is not garcia, is himself

Comment

I've been writing for 2 years he's a hype job trainer like I stated before every time my nephew fought his fighters he whop on them

Comment

I blame Elie Seckbach. He's a distraction.

Rios would be an ATG if he didn't have Seckbach distracting him from training.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              Awful slob. Professional sunflower seed eater only.
              LMAO for real, dude is nothing but a sunflower seed eater yelling instructions from the corner while answering dumb questions from Elie Sekbach, while his son and three other guys do the mitt work and training of his fighters.

Garcia just clowns around the majority of the time, Its still funny how he never was their physically training nonito donaire, yet he was considered the head trainer, he just gave nonito instructions through the phone and showed up on fight night and fight week to work the corner but got paid big.

I mean can we blame him for making money? you gotta really blame Nonito and Brandon Rios for training under Garcia. Rios is way to loyal, I think he should move to another trainer and just tell Robert straight up, I need some discipline me and you are like friends and bros more than trainer and pupil. Do you think Robert will take it hard? I hope Robert understands but it seems trainers always take it to heart when a fighter leaves them.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                You pointed out a very good observation. My take on this is, a trainer cannot be your "friend" per say because its a conflict of interest. I dont think Garcia has this kinda relationship with the Russian guys he trains though, probably moreso just with the latino boxers he has in camp. I think once the trainer/boxer barrier is broken into more of a friendship, thats when its time to switch trainers. If you notice "most" successful boxers either had their father or a father figure teach them which instilled discipline & respect in the fighter. I noticed the same thing with Henry Ramirez, he had the same kinda relationship with Chris Arreola, Im not saying Arreola wouldve been a world beater with someone else but at least he wouldve had more discipline had Ramirez had the my way or the highway sorta mentality with him. As a trainer for my kids, I do everything they do, if the jump rope for 30 mins, I do it to, if they run 6 miles I do it too etc... lead by example to sum it up...
                Yup, thats a good thing to do especially when you are still able to be physical is to lead by example.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  I blame Elie Seckbach. He's a distraction.

Rios would be an ATG if he didn't have Seckbach distracting him from training.
                  I think Sekbach might actually be the problem here, the camera makes Robert and Rios clown around more.

I remember there was a period of 2 years where Rios stopped talking to Sekbach, I think Rios had a PR person and manager working for him who advised him not to do any interviews with Elie or speak to him anymore because he was bad for Rios image because Rios would goof around and say stupid stuff.

AT this time Rios was still winning and more disciplined, but now that he is no longer with that manager and talks to Elie he started losing, Elie hangs around that gym every day almost no wonder they dont get things done.

Comment

I think Sekbach might actually be the problem here, the camera makes Robert and Rios clown around more.

I remember there was a period of 2 years where Rios stopped talking to Sekbach, I think Rios had a PR person and manager working for him who advised him not to do any interviews with Elie or speak to him anymore because he was bad for Rios image because Rios would goof around and say stupid stuff.

AT this time Rios was still winning and more disciplined, but now that he is no longer with that manager and talks to Elie he started losing, Elie hangs around that gym every day almost no wonder they dont get things done.
                    lol (respectfully), Sekbach aint the problem brother because honestly they could tell that scrub to kick rocks. Training and discipline is the problem. Rios was a huge disappointment in his last outing, I hope he stays retired, I dont ever want to see him fight again, Garcia on the other hand, I dont mind seeing him in the corner of boxers, because a trainer can only do so much...

Comment

Yup, thats a good thing to do especially when you are still able to be physical is to lead by example.
                      yup, I plan on running til Im 50 so I have 18 more years to go so my boys better get used to it...

Comment

Working...
                      X