Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I Felt I Won, I Can Give Badou Jack a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Adonis didn't fight Kova, Alvarez, etc... therefore he just can't start with fighting Gvozdyck right now...
    If the WBC does their job, he fights Gvozdyk, or he gets stripped! Do I trust the WBC to do the right thing? Not really!

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
      And Bellew fancies his chances, not a hope
      If it's true that he was struggling bad to make 175 before his fight with Stevenson, I'd absolutely favor Bellew against last night's version of Stevenson at cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
        And Bellew fancies his chances, not a hope
        If Bellew could survive and be competitive in the first half there is definitely a chance he could avenge the loss, plus the fight would be above 175lbs limit so Bellew would have a size advantage.

Comment

I thought the draw was fair but I could have seen a narrow Jack win, honestly.

If they do rematch, Jack will win. He simply deployed his strategy a round too late this time.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            I thought the draw was fair but I could have seen a narrow Jack win, honestly.

If they do rematch, Jack will win. He simply deployed his strategy a round too late this time.
            A narrow Jack win? With what 7 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
              A narrow Jack win? With what 7 rounds?
              4, 7-12. I know most had Stevenson winning the 11th but I had it pretty close.

Comment

I have a couple friends I text with during fights. And between the ninth and tenth rounds, I told both Stevenson was ready to quit and all Jack had to do was give him a reason. So I salute Stevenson on landing the body shot that turned the fight around for him.

That said, this fight is a perfect example of one of the biggest problems I have with how fights are scored today. It’s not a bad decision by today’s scoring standards. But it’s a bad decision when you look at the fact that the consensus is that Stevenson “dominated” the first half of the fight, and Jack dominated the second. And I call bull**** on Stevenson dominating the early rounds. IMO each of the first four rounds could’ve, and probably should’ve been scored even. Every similar to Wilder-Ortiz. Look at the punch stats. Both Stevenson and Jack landed four punches in the opening round. Stevenson outlander him seven to three in the second. Eight to five in the third. And Jack actually outlanded Stevenson nine to five in fourth. Two judges scored it a draw. If just one of them correctly scores one of those rounds even, Jack wins the fight. As he should have. Because he clearly beat up Stevenson and was the better fighter last night.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... Stevenson is old... he should rather take a "good bye" fight in Quebec, and then retire...
                  Anything going below 7 can still be his... After that he might not be what he once was... Thing is we'd all be amazed at the old fart if Badou had been floored early trying to trade and opening up... He played it nicely, but that says Stevenson is still a factor in the division... Let's see if he loosens up a bit now that the clock is really ticking ...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                    Anything going below 7 can still be his... After that he might not be what he once was... Thing is we'd all be amazed at the old fart if Badou had been floored early trying to trade and opening up... He played it nicely, but that says Stevenson is still a factor in the division... Let's see if he loosens up a bit now that the clock is really ticking ...
                    ... Stevenson was "gifted"... Manny saw that, picked him and did the rest...

Comment

No preference either way but I thought Jack had the win. Stevenson held on most of the fight. Adonis took the first few rounds but Jack dominated the rest of the fight despite him getting held for most of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X