Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julian Jackson's power, overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And since McClellan was mentioned, I hate to say it because he's one of my all time favorite boxers to watch but Jackson in all likelihood caused a good part of Gerald's brain damage that would end up in tragedy. So yeah he never knocked G-man down or out but what he did land in only 5 rounds did a lot of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      Must be the same guy putting up the post
      It was. Same name, same post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        It was. Same name, same post.
        I was about to say the same.

Comment

I feel his power probably not overrated.

Comment

Jackson is one of the best one punch hitters that Ive seen.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              And since McClellan was mentioned, I hate to say it because he's one of my all time favorite boxers to watch but Jackson in all likelihood caused a good part of Gerald's brain damage that would end up in tragedy. So yeah he never knocked G-man down or out but what he did land in only 5 rounds did a lot of damage.
              Whilst Jackson probably inflicted some part of the damage which would subsequently show itself in the Benn fight - the real problem for McClellan was that his defence was so bad he made Riddick Bowe look like Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Overrated? I'm going to have to politely disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  I know, I know, you probably think I'm an idiot for suggesting this, but hear me out.

Yes, Jackson had scary punching power, but after watching his knockouts on Youtube, I noticed that most of his KOs were against bums. His knockout of Terry Norris, while brutal, isn't that impressive when you consider that Norris had a notoriously weak chin. The 2 best fighters he faced in McClellan and McCallum knocked him out.

Is Jackson's power overrated?
                  no. but he was one of the first guys to cut MASSIVE weight. ironically, that cost him his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                    no. but he was one of the first guys to cut MASSIVE weight. ironically, that cost him his chin.
                    Really? Can you please elaborate and provide a source thank you.
                    Last edited by BattlingNelson; 03-16-2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Really? Can you please elaborate and provide a source thank you.
                      Nice edit.

Google is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X