Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Smith Next? Possibly in April or May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG vs Smith Next? Possibly in April or May?

I've heard that Hearn and DAZN are pushing for this fight if Canelo fights Murata or BJS next. Canelo is unlikely to come down to MW and if the trilogy is to ever happen, it will be at 168. GGG would vacate his IBF belt and move up for Smith's WBA title.

If it happens, sign me up! And it's not like GGG wouldn't have a good shot at winning this fight as Smith looked awful last time out against Ryder.

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    I've heard that Hearn and DAZN are pushing for this fight if Canelo fights Murata or BJS next. Canelo is unlikely to come down to MW and if the trilogy is to ever happen, it will be at 168. GGG would vacate his IBF belt and move up for Smith's WBA title.

If it happens, sign me up! And it's not like GGG wouldn't have a good shot at winning this fight as Smith looked awful last time out against Ryder.
    But Golovkin and Ryder have much different styles.

Also, that would leave Saunders vs Jacobs. Which would be a good fight imo.

Comment

**** it i’m sure it’s getting harder and harde for ggg to make 160

Comment

Pretty ****ing please. Won't hold out much hope though, unless Conte and the guys at SNAC are telling him he would be healthier at 168.

Comment

That would explain why GGG wants to get that IBF 160 mando out of the way now if he's planning on fighting at 168 again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            That would explain why GGG wants to get that IBF 160 mando out of the way now if he's planning on fighting at 168 again this year.
            If he fights Smith in April or May, he's not fighting his IBF mandatory. At that point he would just vacate and move up. All the other DAZN MWs from Jacobs to Canelo to BJS have all moved up. Nothing for him at MW except Andrade, and I think he rather fight the top guys at SMW instead.

This is just something to pay close attention to in the upcoming weeks. Wasn't told this was a done deal or anything, just something that Hearn/DAZN are pushing for.

Comment

If ggg ever moves to 168, it’ll definitely garner a lot of attention no matter who he faces... let alone against callum smith! I’d love to see that fight. Great fight

Comment

I do not believe for 1 second that Golovkin would fight Smith at 168

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  I do not believe for 1 second that Golovkin would fight Smith at 168
                  Just letting you know what has been presented to Golovkin's team as an option for his next fight. I think it is clear Canelo isn't coming down to MW so what is the point of GGG taking this mandatory when he will have to move up himself very soon if he wants the bigger names at DAZN. You want to keep the belt to fight Andrade in a unification bout? Doubt it.

Comment

Smith at 168? No catchweight? I would be surprised. I’d never thought GGG had that much balls ever. I think also, that it’s a fight he can win. But fans thinking GGG can win a certain fantasy fight has never made him pursue said fight. I think he can win but I don’t think he thinks he can win, so he won’t take it. I do hope he surprises me and takes it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X