No announcement yet.

To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koba-grozny View Post
    you called him a welter / jmw man. He wasn't that any more. Dudes grow up, man. And i ain't really concerned what you think i look like, brother... Or anyone else for that matter.

Fact is he wasn't making welter or jmw any more by the time those fights came around. Dude made ww once in the last 10 years and jmw once in the last 6 years. You don't want to acknowledge that it's on you.

Canelo has about the best resume in the sport, man, it doesn't really need bolstering with silly half-truths.
    86%........... needs ignoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Weird thing is he turned pro at the same age as Loma, 24, but at that time I'm not sure promoters had really figured how to make the best use of elite amateurs. In terms of the European scene at the time GGG was actually kinda fast tracked getting into a mando position within 3 years and looked on his way to a stellar career until he ran into a glass ceiling with Sturm and the WBA which ended up costing him about 3 years of his prime.
      This is the problem w/ GGGaholics. They drink his cum up like some weird cheap hooker.

Gennady Golovkin stayed in Europe fighting club fighters on his own merit. He stayed amateur until 24 years of age and stayed semi-pro in europe until 28 years of age.

Dude didnt have a relevant fight until he was 32 years old and PASSED on career defining fights with Canelo and Cotto (at 155 which is MW and weight Canelo won lineal MW title at), PASSED on Brook at 157, PASSED on Ward at 168 (although was willing to fight Froch at 168 and JCC Jr at a LHW CW...168+), PASSED on Charlo, PASSED on Andrade and Dervenchenko...and instead made fights with Rick Rolls, Billy Monroe Jr, Austin Vanes, and is now rumored to be fighting some random college kid.

And dont get me started on his crying about judges, but having NO ISSUE with the judging in the Jacobs and Dervenchenko fights.

And dont get me started how he had to pick judges for Canelo rematch, pick Canelos gloves, demand a higher purse, demand fight not take place in Vegas, demand Canelo not post any more dick pics, and CRY about judging AFTER HE CHOSE THE JUDGES.

SORRY - a grown man is responsible for his own decisions and Golovkin was catered to throughout his career. You making excuses for all of his shortcomings - which are LITERALLY BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE BUT BORAT...is hilarious. And sad.

From that to this:

The Lord works in mysterious ways and on that night the Lord worked through Canelo to hurt that Borat Muslim boy

I mean look at this Simpleton...all excuses for how OTHER PEOPLE prevented his man crush from doing better...CTFU...

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      If nothing else came out of Golovkin's career though, it did open the eyes of US promoters to the potential - and value for money - in hiring top ammys out of the gate or even approaching 'em whilst they're still in the unpaid ranks, and opened the gate for dudes like Loma, Usyk, Gvozdyk and Beterbiev.

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I do agree about the time wasted chasing Canelo though... I mean yeah, I can't blame a dude for chasing the $ millions but it ain't my bank account he's filling. I got no interest in fights like Vanes or Rolls or Szeremeta.
      Wrong again, nuthugger. Prize fighting is...a JOB. So GGG was just doing what's best for himself and family. Any of the nonsense he talked about...legacy, etc...was all just nonsense. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Ether.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
        This is the problem w/ GGGaholics. They drink his cum up like some weird cheap hooker.

Gennady Golovkin stayed in Europe fighting club fighters on his own merit. He stayed amateur until 24 years of age and stayed semi-pro in europe until 28 years of age.

Dude didnt have a relevant fight until he was 32 years old and PASSED on career defining fights with Canelo and Cotto (at 155 which is MW and weight Canelo won lineal MW title at), PASSED on Brook at 157, PASSED on Ward at 168 (although was willing to fight Froch at 168 and JCC Jr at a LHW CW...168+), PASSED on Charlo, PASSED on Andrade and Dervenchenko...and instead made fights with Rick Rolls, Billy Monroe Jr, Austin Vanes, and is now rumored to be fighting some random college kid.

And dont get me started on his crying about judges, but having NO ISSUE with the judging in the Jacobs and Dervenchenko fights.

And dont get me started how he had to pick judges for Canelo rematch, pick Canelos gloves, demand a higher purse, demand fight not take place in Vegas, demand Canelo not post any more dick pics, and CRY about judging AFTER HE CHOSE THE JUDGES.

SORRY - a grown man is responsible for his own decisions and Golovkin was catered to throughout his career. You making excuses for all of his shortcomings - which are LITERALLY BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE BUT BORAT...is hilarious. And sad.

From that to this:

The Lord works in mysterious ways and on that night the Lord worked through Canelo to hurt that Borat Muslim boy

I mean look at this Simpleton...all excuses for how OTHER PEOPLE prevented his man crush from doing better...CTFU...

Wrong again, nuthugger. Prize fighting is...a JOB. So GGG was just doing what's best for himself and family. Any of the nonsense he talked about...legacy, etc...was all just nonsense. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Ether.
        Heard it all before, man. Combination of speculation interpretation and straight Bullchit, but I ain't gonna waste my time debunking it again with a kid who's just looking for a squabble.

You try to actually have a real conversation about boxing and all you get is this weirdness. Funny thing is I like and follow dozens of fighters, I only spend this much time on GGG cos for some weird reason he's the one guys love to hate on.

It's funny, it's like cos you fanboys all get yourselves excited and emotional about your favourite dudes you figure everyone else is just as invested in the guys they like. Well sorry to burst your bubble sonny but some of us are just a little more... balanced.

So GGG ended up his career a 'businessman'? So what? I'm happy he made his $ millions, same as I am for any fighter who leaves the game ahead, but fights like Rolls or Vanes or whatever do nothing for me. Doesn't bother me any more than all the other crap in the sport but I just ain't interested in watching that. Besides I always prefer watching the prospects and up and comers anyway.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-23-2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          86%........... needs ignoring.
          It's not being ignored man, it's just history is all. History and biology. Physical maturity is measured in years man, not number of fights.

To try and sell Canelo as anything close to a Welter when he hasn't fought there since 19 is just silly man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            I know! Thanks for admitting you don’t know sht about boxing.

Hey unlike YOU I WON $$$$$. So take your coloring book scorecard and leave this site. No one wants to hear you CRY about being a loser. You do know Abel Sanchez even gave the judges props??? I know your stupid but didn’t know you was this ******ed!! I’ll GIVE u betting slips that took ggg. Please just film yourself going to collect! I want to laugh my &ss off when they fuk you up!!!! LMFAO
            Bro with all due respect, the only one who sounds like he is crying on here, is you.

If some people want to swear Canelo really won...well they are entitled to that, I just didn't see it in either fight...and tbh I don't really care, seeing as how GGG got paid big time anyway.

I would say that Abel, like everyone else, knew, imo, that Canelo has a relatively low bar to get rounds (in Vegas especially), so all of his comments about the judging there, imho, are basically addressing that fact.

Canelo certainly did better than expected in many ways in fight 2, but he still got a clear L imho...all I can say really.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              His biggest mistake was fighting out of Germany instead of going to the US. He may have went there because of personal reasons but as a career move it wasn't the best. Then there was the contract with Universum that held him back. When he finally got a big money fight he came out on the wrong side of the decision. Plenty of boxers have been a victim of the Vegas "A Side" bias and Golovin was one of them.
              That’s exactly where the Ian Gardner fight came about and sparked my interest
              Don’t want to get into a whole debate here , but to much is to much
              And some of that blame needs to be laid on him
              Once here he could of turned things around but didn’t and that’s on him

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                for a WW/LMW these arent good wins? Aside from Mos who has been shot for a long time.
                Bro lol...you literally just gave Joe no credit for those wins because those guys were past it...and Joe was fighting Roy and Bhop at 175 btw...not 168...so that same logic would apply to him.

RJJ and Bhop at 175 aren't good wins for a 168 pound fighter?

Canelo is fighting (well) at 175 in his 20s, he starved himself for years to make 155...to call him a WW!!!!! is incredibly disingenuous.

Also he beat Cotto (who was considerably above his best weight/past it as well)...Lara (who I felt Canelo beat 7-5) and 2 GGG fights (2 8-4 losses for Canelo imho) he got 2 controversial wins and 1 controversial draw...you agree Mosley was shot.

Kov was a decent win, but also definitely a bit of a cherry-pick...very similar to Joe's fights with Bhop and RJJ...except Kov is not perceived the same level as those two guys.

People on here pick and choose who to give credit to based on arbitrary factors...it's lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  That’s exactly where the Ian Gardner fight came about and sparked my interest
                  Don’t want to get into a whole debate here , but to much is to much
                  And some of that blame needs to be laid on him
                  Once here he could of turned things around but didn’t and that’s on him
                  Lol...wut...once in the US he fought about 15 really solid pros...but because he dusted all of them, some want to call those guys bums...to each his own.

No huge names wanted a GGG fight at that time...way too much risk and too little reward...you got no money, got KOed/hurt, lost, and everyone (like you lol) says that you sucked...who would want to fight him lol.

Anyone saying that his run of fighters/wins (even pre-Canelo) since he got in the US wasn't really solid, I mean they just don't have a lot of credibility imho.

If you think running through guys like Geale, Murray, Monroe, Proksa, Ouma, Lemieux, Macklin, Stevens (and about 7-8 other solid guys too) etc is easy work, to do that and never have a slip up or even close to it (besides Ouma really)...I mean I just don't think you know much about this lane man...maybe you follow other divisions or something idk.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    ALL 3 judges gave him 5 rounds in the FIRST fight

that comment, plus all the corny garbage you talk about GGG... disqualifies you LMAO

man... all you guys do is make excuses and talk bollocks
                    Lol...man the bar for Canelo is so low in fights...the judges know they are there to get him rounds, so if he has a decent moment, he will often times get the round, deserved or not.

And Byrd was in that first fight I believe...she gave Canelo 10 rounds...judges are corrupt and give terrible cards all the time, it's boxing...it happens.

If you or anyone else really thinks Canelo won either one of those fights...OK, good for you guys...I've watched them both a number of times and have never seen it.

Canelo has some good moments in some rounds but gets outworked most rounds and loses 8-4 in both imho.

Can anyone point out just 1 round in each fight that we can all go back and watch, and say that it was a clear Canelo round? Sincere question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Will you teach that guy how to PROPERLY score a fight??? He thinks who lands more WINS!!! He completely IGNORES Body punching, defense, Effective Aggression, Clean and hard punches, ring Generalship.
                      No I've said many times that I am scoring a round based who lands more/better punches...you can win a round by landing one punch (for example if Wilder lands a big shot that hurts his opponent) where your opponent lands 5 punches (if they are pitty-pat shots).

I am scoring damage really...who did more damage in the round...as the late Harold Lederman may have said.

The other stuff you mentioned, either isn't actively scored (defense, effective aggression, ring generalship - these are demonstrated by a fighter landing more and better punches than his opponent...you don't actively score them).

You don't give extra credit for body punches...you count them and account for their effectiveness...clean and hard punches is a criteria, and the only real criteria you should be looking for my friend...that is obvious really, can't believe we are having this debate on a boxing forum lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X