No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Golovkin vs Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G G G View Post
    You would get bodied too boy. Bounce your head against the concrete like a basketball got you calling me Mike Conley.
    Another keyboard tough guy, just what we need.

IMO, lil g deserved to get the decision vs both Jacobs and Canelo.

Does a razor thin win over Jacobs and a draw vs Canelo make you a great fighter? Not in my book.

Comment

Saw a video of Carl Froch's take on the GGG vs Jacobs. He said at first he thought Jacobs won, but changed his mind when he saw the fight the second time on youtube. Exactly similar to mine.

Maybe people were expecting too much from GGG and when they don't see it, it would look like he lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        It was a close but clear fight.
        It was close yeah. Clear? Not so much.....

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          Saw a video of Carl Froch's take on the GGG vs Jacobs. He said at first he thought Jacobs won, but changed his mind when he saw the fight the second time on youtube. Exactly similar to mine.

Maybe people were expecting too much from GGG and when they don't see it, it would look like he lost the fight.
          he changed his mind when gggs team paid him off. everyone knows jacobs won. scoring criteria number 5: if you are supposed to get knocked out in a couple rounds and don't end up getting knocked out you win.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post

Ill tell you one thing. That fight made me a Jacobs fan.

Comment

Close fight that GGG won. You can't give Jacobs the win for showing heart only. There's nothing else to add, I enjoyed the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                A flash knockdown = 1 10-8 round.
                You gave Jacobs 11 rounds? You're more delusional than Amir Khan. Get help.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                  You gave Jacobs 11 rounds? You're more delusional than Amir Khan. Get help.
                  I gave him 7 rounds
                  Last edited by Mammoth; 05-17-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I haven't rewatched it, but it was either 7-5 or 8-4 for GGG ... plus the knockdown

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      I have him 7 rounds
                      there are some fights that just cant be scored for certain guys

jacobs did not win 7 rounds. you would have to give him a clear ggg round.

ward did not win 7 rounds you would have to give him a clear kovalev round.

linares did not win 5 rounds you would have to give him a clear lomachenko round.

i know on paper it looks like you can sneakily give him an extra round but for people who actually pay attention its just not there. stop trying to manufacture it. it will never be there. maybe if they change the way boxign is scored sure. you should start lobbying for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X