Julius Indongo vs "Rickster" Burns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julius Indongo vs "Rickster" Burns

Who ya like & why?

Haven't seen much talk about this fight that is unofficially for the #2 spot at 140 in my eyes. Indongo merked Troyanovsky last year. The Rickster has a nice little 4 fight win streak going on & overall the more impressive resume.

Ill take dongo (no ****)

The prospect of Burns V Crawford 2 makes me suicidal.
    Ricky was lucky to get the decision against that belaraussian bum in his last fight Tbf.

Comment

Not seen enough of Indongo to make a credible prediction, but if he's anything above decent, he should beat Burns without much trouble. Burns is a nice guy but as a fighter he's bang average and a perfect example of how far politics can get you. He's a 3 division champ with nearly 50 fights and his best win is Roman Martinez. Indongo will either have to stop Burns or win pretty much every round to get the decision.

Comment

I'm confident that Ricky Burns unifies on Saturday, by far hes the more experienced coming in with twice the rounds and we cant compare the level of opposition hes faced to Indongos resume ; its just not even a serious discussion.

The fact that Indongo turns around after that huge upset of Eduard Troyanovsky and heads straight into a unification tells me that his handlers know that hes very limited and wont have to many opportunities to make this kind of money later on in his career -- not that he has much left being thirty-four years of age.

The styles is the focal point for me : Indongo is very stiff has poor balance, lacks proper foot-work, does not bring high volume that has troubled Burns in the past ; is slower and most of all I don't see him having another fluke KO victory over another champion twice in consecutive order...its like what are the odds? I'm a gambler so I go by the numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X