No announcement yet.

Learning a new language

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning a new language

So I'm back on the grind on learning Spanish and I'm going hard. I have an app I'm using, I'm listening to podcasts in Spanish, and I'm going to listen to music and movies/shows and sports as well. I understand a lot of it but speaking is a other story. I like the app I'm using because it's intuitive and it wants you to pronounce it as you are learning. Any of you guys started learning a new language? Any serious progress? I'm hoping to have legit conversations in about 6-8 months.

I could always speak Spanish, but it was busted.

Now that I have been hanging out with my neighbors who don't speak much English and mostly Spanish, it's been getting better.

Speaking, listening is the best way to learn IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
      So I'm back on the grind on learning Spanish and I'm going hard. I have an app I'm using, I'm listening to podcasts in Spanish, and I'm going to listen to music and movies/shows and sports as well. I understand a lot of it but speaking is a other story. I like the app I'm using because it's intuitive and it wants you to pronounce it as you are learning. Any of you guys started learning a new language? Any serious progress? I'm hoping to have legit conversations in about 6-8 months.
      U trying to get a Latina?

Comment

Employers like bilingual people to hire. I know un poco and I've tried watching the Spanish channel but couldn't follow it. It might help to turn the closed captioning on something like that and read it while you hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Now that I have been hanging out with my neighbors who don't speak much English and mostly Spanish, it's been getting better.

This right here, if you really want to get better you need to actually speak it, videos and lectures only go so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            U trying to get a Latina?
            Naw. Trying to learn for my job. Also I can learn a lot quicker since I understand a lot of it. Plus I live in California so it would be good to know the language.

Comment

Yeah. I'm going to have some of my friends speak to me in only Spanish so I can know where I'm at and get better at it. The Spanish I'm learning is directly from Spain so it's going to be an adjustment learning different meanings for different words since Mexican Spanish is different than Spain Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
                Yeah. I'm going to have some of my friends speak to me in only Spanish so I can know where I'm at and get better at it. The Spanish I'm learning is directly from Spain so it's going to be an adjustment learning different meanings for different words since Mexican Spanish is different than Spain Spanish.
                My good friend is from Argentina, his Spanish has me confused.

Comment

My good friend is from Argentina, his Spanish has me confused.
                  Yeah. A lot of the dialects are different. I've heard El Salvadoran, Mexican, and Cuban spanish and they can be different and they have different slang. It's weird how I don't really speak it but I can tell if it's not Mexican Spanish. Lol

Comment

latinas love c0ck diversity they do not care about your broken spanish

Comment

Working...
                    X