No announcement yet.

Im gonna help you guys make some money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
    ok let me try, im not good at typing down what I think.

But first of I hear people say if he couldnt stop Cotto or chavez jr how is he going to stop Golovkin. The difference is Cotto and chavez werent putting pressure on Canelo. If you dont put pressure on him Canelo fights relaxet. He doenst go for the kill. If you do put pressure on him like Kirkland did, his killer instincts comes up. Golovkin always put pressure on his opponents.

Second of all , golovkin gets hit easily. Canelo is a hard hitting counter puncher, he wont have a hard time landing bombs on Golovkin.

Then there is the age difference, 34 is a tipping point for allot of boxers. You never know, maybe Golovkin is a different fighter than his last fight.

So again 8 to 1 odds for a young, strong, fast and confident 28 year old boxer to stop a 34 year old somewhat stationary boxer are very good odds

looks good to me

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      what the hell do you know about how elusive i think he is?
      I don't, I just assumed

Comment

Yea OP is right & knows what he's talking about.

Betting isn't about who's supposed to win or lose per se. Its more about finding the bad lines that give you more value than they should. For example I bet no one is betting Skoglund this weekend but myself. And its not cuz I think he WILL win, but because I think the odds are better than 6% that he will win which is what the line of +1400 indicates his % to win is.

I don't care what my correct prediction percentage is. Thats a meaningless number. The number I care about is my ROI %.

Comment

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post
          whats the hedge>?

a true gamabler always have a hedge bets
          I'm trying to recoup my loss from lil chocolate..

Comment

Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
            Please enlighten me.

Is he getting the 8 to 1 returns if Canelo losses? If not then its stupid to bet against GGG.

And since when if GGG been a stationary fighter? Or really taken any punishment? We talking about the same fight here?

He does have a point about how to strategize bets.

You look for huge odds like that.

But you are right - has GGG ever even had more than 200 punches landed on him in a fight?? I guess they are talking about those like 2 rounds where GGG walked Brook down with earmuffs and Brook exploded with sole combinations. I guess nowadays that means "taking lotsof damage."

He also is far from a stationary fighter. He has shown great footwork, foot dexterity especially with his ability to cut a ring off..

But Canelo does have some wicked power in his shots, and while not stationary, GGG isn't slick, and is getting older - those are true statements. And 8/1 is nice odds.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
              He does have a point about how to strategize bets.

You look for huge odds like that.

But you are right - has GGG ever even had more than 200 punches landed on him in a fight?? I guess they are talking about those like 2 rounds where GGG walked Brook down with earmuffs and Brook exploded with sole combinations. I guess nowadays that means "taking lotsof damage."

He also is far from a stationary fighter. He has shown great footwork, foot dexterity especially with his ability to cut a ring off..

But Canelo does have some wicked power in his shots, and while not stationary, GGG isn't slick, and is getting older - those are true statements. And 8/1 is nice odds.
              i love me some GGG as he is the only active top P4P Asian fighter in the world but.....we need to be objective about this. he was literally getting his head snapped back by a freaking WELTERWEIGHT in brook. and he was basically decimated by Jacobs and won via robbery if we are being realistic.

Comment

Professional gamblers bet on who they think will win regardless of value and just lump on, surely.

Mayweather was out at 1.61/1 to stop Conor. That is the sort of thing they'd drop money on.

I bet for fun, like the OP I'm only interested in value for a single bet. I never break even overall, £20 will cover a month of bets for me but I won't make a profit.

Most money I ever made was Heiland was 7/1 to stop Matt Macklin. Now that was a value bet. I've never seen odds like that since with an outcome that I was certain would happen.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-15-2017, 03:24 AM.

Comment

There are people on here far more knowledgeable about "value" bets tahn me.

You have a bill.to throw on Canelo stopping Golovkin, do what feels right

I'm not seeing it.

Comment

did people forget horn ''beat'' pac ?!?!?!?

8-1 is a beautiful bet to make given 3g caught a break vs jacobs.

Comment

canelo ko is a bad bet at those odds, I would even say its even a bad bet at 15/1

Comment

Working...
                      X