Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overrated and underrated Hip Hop Artists????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
    Finally someone who knows their ****.

Black Moon, Buckshot, Boot Camp Clik, Heltah Skeltah, Smif-n-Wessun.

"You must spread around reputation before giving it to miburo again"

Sean Price's king kong track goes hard

The whole boot camp heltah skeltah is ill too.

Comment

Last edited by A.K.A; 10-20-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Comment

If they're on the radio they're overrated. I'm too lazy/drunk to link videos but off the top of my head some hip hop songs that have stood the test of time on my ipod are Living Legends "Never Fallin Down", Binary Star "Beneath the Surface", Immortal Technique "Dance with the Devil". You may have heard of those songs, and if you have congrats, but I found them to be amazing enough to share.

To be honest all a hit song needs is a great beat and a catchy hook, and I'll admit that I'm part of the reason that that matters. But for the record I'll kill 2 Chainz, Waka Flocka Flame, and a few others if I ever see em.

Comment

About 99% of hip hop artists are overrated......

I really can't believe some of the bull**** these guys rap about - and then people actually buy the excretion that comes out of their mouths and blast it loud on their speakers as if it were some deep philosophical exuberance. It really boggles my mind sometimes.....
            Last edited by Jerub_Baal; 10-20-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post

I really can't believe some of the bull**** these guys rap about - and then people actually buy the excretion that comes out of their mouths and blast it loud on their speakers as if it were some deep philosophical exuberance. It really boggles my mind sometimes.....
              completely agree.. and then people say it's "art"

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post

Originally posted by Hidden View Post
                completely agree.. and then people say it's "art"
                just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's stupid. Unless you're nazi's and hip hop is your Jew.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's stupid. Unless you're nazi's and hip hop is your Jew.
                  What's there to "get", he was completely spot on with the 99% of rap being garbage right now. You don't need to be intellectual to know that most rap is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden View Post
                    What's there to "get", he was completely spot on with the 99% of rap being garbage right now. You don't need to be intellectual to know that most rap is garbage.
                    and you know this based on the two artists that you listen to?

you musta done real good in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                      and you know this based on the two artists that you listen to?

you musta done real good in school.
                      I know it based on the music I'm exposed to. I liked prime for prime Nas, Eminem, and Immortal and that's pretty much it. But there are some rappers here and there who have like 1 or 2 good songs on an album. Everyone else is complete garbage rapping about chains and big rims. I don't relate to it sorry. You musta done real good on your GED exams.

Comment

Working...
                      X