Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Klitschkos care where they rank all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Klitschkos care where they rank all-time?

It's a daily argument on here, but does anyone have any examples of Vitali or Wlad talking about where they think they stand? They were very open about their desire to dominate this era and hold all the belts, but do they ever make comparisons with the greats?

Probably not as much as their insecure fans.

Comment

Probably.

But I'm sure they are not looking for any USA-centric journalist's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
        It's a daily argument on here, but does anyone have any examples of Vitali or Wlad talking about where they think they stand? They were very open about their desire to dominate this era and hold all the belts, but do they ever make comparisons with the greats?
        H2H, they'd probably rank just inside or outside the Top 10 HW's.

Career, resume, era, skills, they are probably 16-17 to me. It's not their fault they fought in an era where HW's were crap.

Had they fought in the era's with Liston, Patterson, Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, Shavers, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, Moorer....they would not have dominated they way they have since Lennox retired.

People need to remember that an absolute prime Vitali, seen as the better of the Klitschko's, fought a way past prime 37 year old Lennox, and was only beating him 4 rounds to 2 when it was stopped, or it was tied, depending on who you talk to.

Comment

As somebody said earlier, it's not their fault they fight in a weak era.

I have them in the top 20. I think both can hold their own in any era but I'd say they are contenders and struggle with other top fighters.

Comment

I'm not sure whether the Klits do but their nuthugging obsessive fans certainly care.

Comment

I think the brothers care about their all time ranking. The real down side for both is that there's not a Hwt opponent out there right now that the brothers could advance their all time status by beating. However a loss by either brother right now would devastate their all time ranking.

Comment

right above david haye which is nowhere near top 10 atg

and its not their fault either...if any of their opponents would actually have the hunger to win rather than being hungry for hamburgers they wouldve been ranked much higher

both klitschko's are a little past their primes yet they keep dominating younger fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                  I think the brothers are to classy to make comparisons to other fighters, but I have no doubt they care about how they'll be remembered . I doubt there nearly as worried about it as some of their fans though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    H2H, they'd probably rank just inside or outside the Top 10 HW's.

Career, resume, era, skills, they are probably 16-17 to me. It's not their fault they fought in an era where HW's were crap.

Had they fought in the era's with Liston, Patterson, Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman, Lyle, Shavers, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, Moorer....they would not have dominated they way they have since Lennox retired.

People need to remember that an absolute prime Vitali, seen as the better of the Klitschko's, fought a way past prime 37 year old Lennox, and was only beating him 4 rounds to 2 when it was stopped, or it was tied, depending on who you talk to.
                    Or it was 5-1 or 6-0 depending on whom you talk to........

Comment

Working...
                    X