How would you rate Hayes defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rate Hayes defense?

posters on here often claim he has no defense

I would say that generally his defence is not that great, because he leaves himself open for some shots when he throws his punches. However in his last fight against Wlad his defence was a lot better, but well that's pretty normal considering that the guy wasn't even throwing punches at all. Normally hard punches and KOs happen when you throw a hard punch and the other guy takes advantage of the opening that you leave. Yesterday, as he threw a small amount of punches he made very hard for Wlad to find a way to KO him, and since he was moving all the time and didn't wanted to engage by just staying away from Wlad's range, well he had a pretty good defence.

Comment

better than pacquio

Comment

His defense was awesome, did you see the way he ran from Wlad? What an awesome track-star! His offense was also very impressive the way he ran in and widly threw a haymaker hoping it would land. And he finally got it to land in the final round! Haye is awesome! The bad part he learned that it takes more than one punch landing on Wlad's chin to KO him.

Comment

Haye's defence is genuinely world class. His head movement and twitch refelxes against Wlad were outstanding.

Even though Haye was an embarrassment to my nation against Wlad, I can't fault his chin and elusiveness.

Comment

He fought exactly the way Kevin Johnson did against Vitali

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
              He fought exactly the way Kevin Johnson did against Vitali
              Like a man happy to get a nice-pay day except Haye talked so much smack that he earned himself a nice 15 mil payday. Haye might be a clown but he is quite intelligent at selling himself.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                Like a man happy to get a nice-pay day except Haye talked so much smack that he earned himself a nice 15 mil payday. Haye might be a clown but he is quite intelligent at selling himself.
                I was a big Haye fan before this fight, but his actions during the fight and sad excuses after the fight have made me hate him.

However I think it's unfair to say he was just there for the paycheck, it was obvious pre fight Haye was relaxed and confident of winning.

I now think Haye is an embarrassment to England, but I think he went into the ring thinking he would get the KO.

Comment

He thought he could get the KO by backing up and rushing in throwing Hayemakers that missed most of the time except for the final round.

He fought the complete opposite way of the way Wlad has been beaten in the past. He didn't fight anything like Sanders or Brewster and applied pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    He thought he could get the KO by backing up and rushing in throwing Hayemakers that missed most of the time except for the final round.

He fought the complete opposite way of the way Wlad has been beaten in the past. He didn't fight anything like Sanders or Brewster and applied pressure.
                    I agree, if Haye had swarmed Wlad from round one he may have had a chance. Unfortunately he coitted to ultimate sin by allowing Wlad to settle into his jab.

I still think Wlad is a rubbish fighter and relies on the fact that the opposition is useless, but fair play to him, he made Haye easy work.

Comment

Working...
                    X