Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Comeback/Tune-up Opponent: Juan Manuel Marquez or Enrique Ornelas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    I think the rules change when you get to 44, you're meant to be in a wheelchair and have a penis that works once a month.

I think a Raccoon is a good tune up at 44...
    hahha..sillly dude

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Enrique is currently a Super Middleweight so technically he's one division smaller...
      Thank you. It does seem as though two of the last dozen or so fights were at SMW.

Comment

Pavlik and B-Hop are about even in size.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
          Thank you. It does seem as though two of the last dozen or so fights were at SMW.
          His last fight was at 168 I know that much.

Another difference between Floyd & B-hop's tune up's is while Floyd's tune up was a PPV that he made millions off of, B-hop is donating his purse to charity.

Comment

Marquez is the better fighter as a tune up compared to ornelas. I don't even know the guy lol. However Hopkins is 44 years old and did not choose to retire, and nor was Marquez billed as a tuneup. That being said, Hopkins picks smaller fighters quite often, just this time it's not for the name and money.

Comment

Another difference between Floyd & B-hop's tune up's is while Floyd's tune up was a PPV that he made millions off of, B-hop is donating his purse to charity.
              Exactly, Hopkins is fighitng for free, and is mor eor less fighting for charity.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Exactly, Hopkins is fighitng for free, and is mor eor less fighting for charity.
                thats awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Pavlik and B-Hop are about even in size.
                  I was reminded on (several) other threads that you are the size that you fight at.

So, if for example, Hatton fights at JWW, then he is a JWW. If Mayweather fights at WW, then he is a WW. Would you say that is the criteria for "size" in boxing...or would you use some other criteria?

After the Hopkins/Pavlik fight, I remember Jack Loew saying "this isn't our division, we are going back to 160". Would you consider that legitimate...or a poor excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    So, what I am hearing so far is
                    1. The marketing of the fights are different.
                    2. The fighters are doing different things with their money.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                      I was reminded on (several) other threads that you are the size that you fight at.

So, if for example, Hatton fights at JWW, then he is a JWW. If Mayweather fights at WW, then he is a WW. Would you say that is the criteria for "size" in boxing...or would you use some other criteria?

After the Hopkins/Pavlik fight, I remember Jack Loew saying "this isn't our division, we are going back to 160". Would you consider that legitimate...or a poor excuse?

A poor excuse. Great fighters should atleast be able to beat people their own size and bigger. In that Mayweather and Hatton pic, they're the same size to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X