Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Conor McGregor Training Hard For Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Conor McGregor Training Hard For Floyd Mayweather

Conor MgcGregor Video of Training Camp - The unprecedented SHOWTIME PPV boxing match in which pound-for-pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather returns to the ring to battle UFC champion "The Notorious" Conor McGregor is expected to be the most widely distributed pay-per-view event of all time. The once-in-a-lifetime Mayweather vs. McGregor showdown will be available for purchase through cable, DBS, telco and streaming providers nationwide, as well as UFC.tv. The fight will also be available through Fathom Events in movie theaters and at select bars and restaurants nationwide.

[Click Here To Read More]

Connor is the guy with the lowest fat % I've seen without much ab definition. I think body punches will be particularly painful for him.

Comment

Not impressed by this one bit. He looks slow and has no foot movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
        Connor is the guy with the lowest fat % I've seen without much ab definition. I think body punches will be particularly painful for him.
        Conor is use to taking elbows, knees and shins to the stomach. But you're right, nothing hurts more than padded boxing gloves to the stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
          Conor is use to taking elbows, knees and shins to the stomach. But you're right, nothing hurts more than padded boxing gloves to the stomach.
          He doesn't take **** to the body, there's no real consistent punishment to the body in an MMA fight like there can be in boxing.

Just two more weeks though, and Connor will either be folded on the canvas, courtesy of padded gloves, or he'll find the easier way out and McQuit.

Comment

He doesn't take **** to the body, there's no real consistent punishment to the body in an MMA fight like there can be in boxing.

Just two more weeks though, and Connor will either be folded on the canvas, courtesy of padded gloves, or he'll find the easier way out and McQuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
              Not impressed by this one bit. He looks slow and has no foot movement.
              He looks like a mid-level amateur imho. Really surprised by his lack of explosiveness. Those combos seem pitter patter. Was expecting sharper, more brutal punches tbh

Comment

Yeah, I don't think you grasped the full meaning of my statement...

Comment

Yeah, I don't think you grasped the full meaning of my statement...
                  I understand everything about boxing and MMA. I don't think you understand MMA though.

Let me put it this way, 1 kick to the stomach is worth 100 boxing body shots.

The point of body shots is to paralyze the core. If you've ever been charlie horsed you will understand that it only takes one shot to paralyze a musle using joints. In boxing it's more attrition(unless theres a liver shot but those are the same in mma but rare in both sports).

Comment

I understand everything about boxing and MMA. I don't think you understand MMA though.

Let me put it this way, 1 kick to the stomach is worth 100 boxing body shots.

The point of body shots is to paralyze the core. If you've ever been charlie horsed you will understand that it only takes one shot to paralyze a musle using joints. In boxing it's more attrition(unless theres a liver shot but those are the same in mma but rare in both sports).
                    You're right, and I'm referring to the cumulative effect body shots have in boxing that generally don't happen in MMA because:

one shot might finish the fight, or simply the fight is brought down to the mat and there's usually not much effective body work there, or standing up there's no real inside fighting that would allow for that sustained punishment, or the fact MMA fights are usually 3-5 five minute rds, and in boxing you have up to 12 rounds for that body work to really set it.

That's a different, a bid difference in my opinion, and Connor is going to feel it.

Comment

Working...
                    X