Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Floyd do at this point (age 40) against Spence, Thurman and Crawford at WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Haha....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put Floyd in the ring with Crawford. That is a PPV I would pay $100 for and one in which Floyd would get picked to pieces easily. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!
    Yeah but you said the same thing about Cotto, Canelo, Guererro and loads of other Mayweather opponents so that's no suprise.

Comment

He wouldn't. Which is why he retired.
      People try to shame him for getting older, which is one of the stupidest arguments against the guy. He's not supposed to age? WTF? Some people must truly think he's a god.

Comment

He hasn't fought a boxer in over 2 years and he will be 41 in a month. Great as he is as he ages he loses speed, skill, stamina and the ability to take and throw hard punches just like all boxers do. If he was to come back now in the best possible shape I think he would be about even money with Thurman and lose to Crawford and get KOed by Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Yeah but you said the same thing about Cotto, Canelo, Guererro and loads of other Mayweather opponents so that's no suprise.
          lol.............

Comment

People want Floyd to lose, and if he were to keep fighting and take a loss, it would be seen as some form of justice in the eyes of many, and he would be unnecessarily shat on for it.

And for the record, I'm not suggesting anything by making this thread. I don't think Floyd should fight anymore. I'm kind of giving him credit here, maybe too much to some people, by asking this question. That fact that he's been so great made me wonder if he can still compete among the best WWs in the world.

Comment

well.. he's not gonna let them punch him in the face on purpose to please the fans......

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                Let's assume Crawford adjusts to the weight well and is who he was at 140. And Floyd fans I'm not trying to make this a negative thing. He would probably be the favorite against all 3. I think the McGregor fight was a bit of a facade. He can do more than that. I think Spence would give him the most trouble with his size, strength and ability to cut off the ring and pressure. Though Crawford's pure skills and ability can't be overlooked. I think he UDs Thurman.
                Remember four years ago he lost 5 rounds to Maidana using non puncher gloves and allowed to clinch non stop?

Never underestimate Floyd, he's really that good. But he can be beaten under fair circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  He wouldn't. Which is why he retired.
                  People try to shame him for getting older, which is one of the stupidest arguments against the guy. He's not supposed to age? WTF? Some people must truly think he's a god.
                  The problem with Floyd is that besides his brittle hands his stamina was 10/10 even at 39 years old. And taking IVs before a fight.

People doubt that he's natural.

Comment

I suspect that a big reason Floyd is retired & has not spoken of fighting them, is because he knows he can't beat these young lions at his age.

Comment

Can we talk about active fighters instead? This is getting old.

Comment

Working...
                      X