Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Fighters Be Given Credit For Having A Defense First Style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    it's no wonder you wear a t-shirt so long it looks like a dress.

"I LIKE HUGGING IN FIGHTS CUS I'M A FLOOZY!" - Larry
    Is boxing not about winning??

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
      The question is how we determine winning.

In my eyes, if you are going backwards, you need a clear tactical advantage and need to land more clean punches than the other guy. You certainly don't get the benefit of the doubt when you are on your bike.
      He mentioned Floyd and Hopkins who clearly dont just go straight back and use distance to OUTBOX their opponents and it is usually not even close

Comment

It's been proven that compubox make up stats for hometown fighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcC9_cqy2L8
        so now you just make up more excuses?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          Is boxing not about winning??

Winning within the rules. Clinching is illegal. Disengaging is negative ring generalship. Bending at the waist is illegal.

All those aspects should be penalized if done excessively. yet they are never enforced. boxers are given credit for it even.

Boxing first and foremost is a spectator sport. If you as a fan cheer on a fighter that ran around the ring then hugged all fight you have to be a dick smoking ****.

There's no other way around it.

Keep hugging girl! HAYYYYYYY

Comment

seems like you are mad because the less skilled brawlers dont have the speed or footwork to compete with the slick fellas..maybe you would prefer a ring like this

i mean how dare a boxer actually use defense in a boxing match

Comment

So in theory boxers with "defensive first" styles that have great punch stats numbers would have even better stats if they refrained a percentage of their "defense" for the fans?!

Backfoot runners are like Geale or Foreman vs Cotto... watch those fights!

Comment

seems like you are mad because the less skilled brawlers dont have the speed or footwork to compete with the slick fellas..maybe you would prefer a ring like this

i mean how dare a boxer actually use defense in a boxing match

nothing wrong with defense in a fight like i said.

When done excessively like mayweather or ward, talking about their opponent offense output going down.

That's easy just clinch 10 times a round. Offensive output of opponent gone.

like I said, if you praise this type of fighting. you have to be a ****. nothing wrong with it.

i mean logically which straight male would tune in to watch another man hug another man 100 times over a fight?
                Last edited by HeadShots; 05-14-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Winning within the rules. Clinching is illegal. Disengaging is negative ring generalship. Bending at the waist is illegal.

All those aspects should be penalized if done excessively. yet they are never enforced. boxers are given credit for it even.

Boxing first and foremost is a spectator sport. If you as a fan cheer on a fighter that ran around the ring then hugged all fight you have to be a dick smoking ****.

There's no other way around it.

Keep hugging girl! HAYYYYYYY
                  So why did Floyd outsell everyone?? even the action packed Manny?

Comment

nothing wrong with defense in a fight with moderation.

When done excessively like mayweather, talking about their opponent offense output going down.

That's easy just clinch 10 times a round. Offensive output of opponent gone.

like I said, if you praise this type of fighting. you have to be a ****. nothing wrong with it.

i mean logically which straight male would tune in to watch another man huge another man 100 times over a fight?
                    name all these fights floyd was clinching in...you sound really sad man..you actually said do defense in moderation?? lol

Comment

So why did Floyd outsell everyone?? even the action packed Manny?

Because certain groups are dumb. that certain group also happen to have the highest ****sexual %. So understandable.

logically it checks out.

Comment

Working...
                      X