Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any predictions for how many rounds Spence/Peterson will be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence starts relatively slow, takes his time and increases his pressure from round to round.

If Peterson is on his bike like in the Garcia fight, it will take at least 4 rounds until Spence starts punishing him on the ropes.

If Peterson takes more risks and tries to put Spence on the backfoot, which isn't spences strenght, he will probably take a sharp uppercut and get knocked out earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
      I'll say Spence takes him out in 4.
      A Spence KO win in 4 sounds about right to me. Matthysse KOed Peterson faster than that.

Comment

Petersons a notoriously slow starter it could end very early and probably will, Petersons overrated as hell I've never understood the praise he gets. He arguably got gift decisions vs Diaz, Khan and Victor Ortiz who don't get nearly as much credit.
        He's a glorified gatekeeper who losses everytime he steps up. I don't think he's competitive with Spence and I don't see any advantages he has.
        Spence within 8 won't be surprised if its inside 3-4.
        Nothing but a stay busy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          A Spence KO win in 4 sounds about right to me. Matthysse KOed Peterson faster than that.
          Hopefully our train of thinking goes through, but the long lay off can play a part, we'll see, thanks for your input.

Comment

Errol gets Lamont outta there in 8 rounds. Fight is not going 12.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Petersons a notoriously slow starter it could end very early and probably will, Petersons overrated as hell I've never understood the praise he gets. He arguably got gift decisions vs Diaz, Khan and Victor Ortiz who don't get nearly as much credit.
              He's a glorified gatekeeper who losses everytime he steps up. I don't think he's competitive with Spence and I don't see any advantages he has.
              Spence within 8 won't be surprised if its inside 3-4.
              Nothing but a stay busy fight.
              lol nice post

Comment

The sooner Spence takes him out the better. I think the reasonable range of expectation is between 4 & 8 doe. Could see a round or two difference being fair to. I think if Peterson goes the distance it'll be a bad look for Spence however unfair that stance might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  The sooner Spence takes him out the better. I think the reasonable range of expectation is between 4 & 8 doe. Could see a round or two difference being fair to. I think if Peterson goes the distance it'll be a bad look for Spence however unfair that stance might be.
                  nice post, I see where you're coming from.

Comment

Spence takes him out in round 8. Put your money on it.

Comment

lucas took peterson out in 3 so spence should do it more or less the same time
                      Last edited by Dean_Razorback; 01-17-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X