Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields: I Made History & People Act Like I Don't Even Exist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
    Unfortunately for her, womens boxing in the states will not get her the recognition she wants. Shes better off fighting in Europe, matter of fact, if she wants better money, join ufc and learn some jujitsu
    Neither of those is a valid option for her. Europe has like 2 female boxers at 168 and the UFC (or MMA in General) doesn't have a female division that goes anywhere near 168lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      Yeah, something tells me the money might not be there...
      I saw she asked Serrano how much she's making for her MMA debut today lol

But even if she crossed over to female MMA she's too f#cking big to regularly make nice $. MMA was giving Cyborg sh^t for trying to create a mainstream 145lb division past the 135lb division that was the highest mainstream division til recently. Shields gots 20lbs on that. So she'd always be a freak show fight in MMA like when Gabi Garcia (a 200lb woman) fights.

I won't be surprised when she does have a MMA fight doe cuz it'll be nicer money on some card in Japan or something probably & won't be a regular thing cuz there is few fighters to fight there too. I bet the Japanese will love her more than the Americans doe. Japanese cats love freakshows + love fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Japanese cats love freakshows + love fighters.
        Maybe she can be the female version of Bob Sapp.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          Maybe she can be the female version of Bob Sapp.

She definitely could be. The Japanese give no f#cks. Anyone who can fight they appreciate & she can fight regardless of anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Yep. Being a top female boxer is like being the best fly fisherman in Minnesota. Not many people are gonna care. And good luck trying to make fly fishing more popular during your career throwing out the line.
            Exactly. Holly Holm accomplished about as much as any woman could in boxing, yet she moved to MMA for fights with bigger names and I am guessing bigger pay checks. Unless you are carrying a name around like Laila Ali, it's hard to break through to the mainstream for women in boxing. There's just not enough talent to go around to make compelling fights and get fans interested. She would probably earn more money and notoriety moving to WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              You proud of your UNCLE Leon??? How did he get out of there??? Crawled on his belly like a SNAKE.
              Uncle Leon lmao

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Exactly. Holly Holm accomplished about as much as any woman could in boxing, yet she moved to MMA for fights with bigger names and I am guessing bigger pay checks. Unless you are carrying a name around like Laila Ali, it's hard to break through to the mainstream for women in boxing. There's just not enough talent to go around to make compelling fights and get fans interested. She would probably earn more money and notoriety moving to WWE.
                Good point. Yea I could see her doing that eventually to.

LOL its kinda f#cked up to be talking about a girl trying to be the best boxer in the world going to MMA & WWE, but that just makes more sense for a sellable female boxer than having a boxing career. Cuz she is sellable...just not in boxing (lol) cuz she's got so few people to sell to. I mean if she wants to be the least paid great female boxer thats a road she can take, but there is more upside in other things & getting hit in the head might be worth more to her.

Bottom line for me is you sell where you can make the most money vs the skills you have. And she's got a great core boxing ability that could be translated into MMA or WWE while acquiring some ability for those crafts & sell successfully to a bigger audience that cares more about females in those particular disciplines.

Comment

Originally posted by KING5TWENTY View Post
                  That dude deserved it for pumching dirrel after the bell. You have no class if you support Jose.
                  So you were OK with Charlie Z snuffing Floyd Sr. too I bet. You have no honor. I wish you lived in NY, bruh

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    You, ugly Biotch, you didn't make history. You have to do something relevant to actually make history.

#AnotherBiotchPlayingTheVictimCard
                    Well said.

Comment

before she got didn't she know how shîtty women's boxing pay is and how they get little to no recognition..I guess she hasn't heard of ceceilia braekhus..an undisputed champ that isn't recognised and is going all about campaigning for a fight with a women's mma fighter in cris cyborg

Comment

Working...
                      X