Jacobs fight proves GGG's defense is elite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underrated is a better word.

Comment

Hell of a chin he was hit by some hard shots dont know about an elite defense but its definitely not as bad as some say

Comment

His defence is good when he wants it to be. It only suffers when he is in complete attack mode like the brook fight or when he is looking for the KO

Comment

I felt like GGG always had gym tricks under his sleeve. The slight head defense, the footwork and leading with the head in certain rounds to gain control of clinches.

He has subtle defense but I def believe his ability to block jabs or counters with his right glove is his saving grace.

Comment

His defense is good. He slipped and blocked vast majority of Danny's shots, even some of the ones that counted. However when Danny did land, he landed bombs. Some of that stuff that Golovkin ate were serious power shots and combos.

What it really does is show the disparity in physical attributes between the two. Golovkin ate power shots and came out mostly unmarked, while Danny ate jabs and came out with visible damage. Golovkin's blessed physically.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
              Once again, ggg leaves the fight with no marks. A guy like ggg marks up easily yet he left the jacobs fight with no marks meanwhile jacobs was spitting blood and his eye shut. Where was the poor defense? The fight proves again ggg is too cautious against punchers aand hardly gets hit. Jacobs barely landed any clean shots most of them touched ggg's gloves. I will post another thread on how I scored the fight. Damn it feels good to be right. Not only the best offensive fighter but one of the best defensive fighters in boxing right now.
              You can't prove anything is elite unless proven against elite competition... nice try though but Danny Jacobs is far from elite. An elite defensive fighter doesn't get touched up by Willie Monroe, Wade, etc... stop with the moronic threads like these please. **** like this thread is why people don't like GGG.

Comment

Working...
              X