Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg owes danny jacobs a rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs won. I'm a fan of Golovkin but... yeah... that was an L. It was a close fight though.

Comment

Comment

Technically he doesn't, there was no rematch clause. While it would be a compelling fight for fans, GGG is under no obligation to offer him a rematch, at least not until he can win his rematch with Canelo and attempt to get a unification bout with Saunders. Somehow, Charlo sneaked under the radar and the scandalous WBC made him a mandatory for GGG. I would like to see an eliminator between Jacobs and Charlo, winner gets the winner of GGG/Canelo.

Comment

Does he owe him a rematch..No but Id love to see it. It's not likely to happen. There is the rematch with Canelo, (hopefully not a third one) and a possible unification fight.
          By the time that is over with he will probably retire. I . If his chin is OK Charlo and Jacobs would make a great fight. Jacobs would probably be favored because of his experience, power, mobility and he can fight from both sides.
          Last edited by TonyGe; 02-09-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            No not really...the overall consensus was that Ward didnt do enough to win. I'd estimate that around 70% of ring observers had Kovalev winning...that is not the case with Jacobs. The consensus in that fight is that Golovkin won. Just look at your own post in the op. Ward and Jacobs were both Knocked down and the majority thought that they lost.

So the situation is actually reverse and not the same at all

Source: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/60...valev.3403909/
            I'm basically going off the opinions of the people on this site. The majority that thought Golovkin won were his die hard fans. The people that didn't think Ward did enough were typical Ward haters.

I thought Ward won but the fight could've gone to either one. I would've had no problems if Kovalev won. It was really that close in my mind.

I thought Jacobs won. I definitely had a problem with the decision going to Golovkin.

With that being said he doesn't owe Jacobs a rematch and his fans wouldn't care if he gave him one either.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              The people that like Golovkin thought he did enough to win. The people that hate Ward didn't think he did enough to win.

Entirely the same (but different) situation.
              not really, GGG got a KD vs jacobs that helped his case, ward got knocked down by kovalev wich didn't help his case.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                The Majority thought Golovkin did enough to win that fight

The Majority didnt feel that Ward did enough to win that fight. The Majority thought Kov did enough to win that fight

GGG and Kovalev were the champions.

Entirely different situation
                its not entirely different at all.

both were disputed decisions with people split on who the real winner was. only difference is in golovkins case the guy you wanted to get the decision did, so naturally you dont want a rematch.

also, Jacobs had a belt going into the golovkin fight, it was a unification not a defense.

Edit: as for the question of the thread..

golovkin doesnt owe him a rematch, but it is in his own best interest. Jacobs is the best win on his resume, a resume that is very weak for the reputation he holds. if he could take that highly debated win and turn it into an impressive win, it would do a lot for his legacy.

then again he could just as easily fight Saunders or charlo. but he needs to fight quality names at this point. or else beating down scrubs to rack up title defenses will be practically his entire legacy.
                Last edited by #1Assassin; 02-09-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a rematch (especially with Jacobs not blowing off a weigh-in), but Golovkin is at the end of his career. He's going for the biggest fights he can get, which are 1) Canelo and probably 2) Saunders.

The way GGG looks these days, he should wrap it up after May. Only rare fighters are any good at 36 years old, especially outside the HW division.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    its not entirely different at all.

both were disputed decisions with people split on who the real winner was. only difference is in golovkins case the guy you wanted to get the decision did, so naturally you dont want a rematch.

also, Jacobs had a belt going into the golovkin fight, it was a unification not a defense.

Edit: as for the question of the thread..

golovkin doesnt owe him a rematch, but it is in his own best interest. Jacobs is the best win on his resume, a resume that is very weak for the reputation he holds. if he could take that highly debated win and turn it into an impressive win, it would do a lot for his legacy.

then again he could just as easily fight Saunders or charlo. but he needs to fight quality names at this point. or else beating down scrubs to rack up title defenses will be practically his entire legacy.
                    I'd like a rematch. I just dont thibk the Kov-Ward and Golovkin-Jacobs fight were the same

Jacobs fought more like ward..off the back foot looking to counter and Was knocked down aswell.

GGG and Kov were both controlling the fight with the jab and the majority think they won . Thats what its all about...the majority of ring observers and fans didnt think that Jacobs won...but the majority did think that Kov deserved to win. Hence why the situation for a demanded rematch is different. I was only explaining that.

Comment

GGG is a prize fighter. He risks his health and safety in the ring mainly for money like every other prize fighter. He won a close fight by ud in Jacobs's home state. Most people thought he deserved to win a close fight. He landed a few more punches and scored the fight's only knock down and was the attacker. After he beat Jacobs in a close fight he had a choice to make. Give Jacobs an immediate rematch and miss out on a chance to fight Canelo for one hell of a lot more money or take the Canelo fight he wanted so badly. He made the same obvious choice than any other prize fighter would make. If GGG beats Canelo he will fight Jacobs if Jacobs wins his next fight. However if GGG wins the Canelo rematch and is offered huge money for a 3rd fight with Canelo then he will take that offer instead of rematching Jacobs. That's boxing. If Canelo wins the rematch do you think Jacobs will want to fight GGG in a rematch? Hell no. Jacobs will want to fight Canelo then. Boxers want the fights that make them the best money. It's just that simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X