Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Brandon Rios, Benavidez-Gavril II Eyed For 2/17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    You still on that meth I see....Though this is a bad match up the fact is that PBC Runs Boxing Now & are doing a great job, other than this fight....
    pbc is dead, lol, every once in a decade u will see some dude vs some big blakk dude on pbc but thats about it, lol, i wonder if keith thurman is retired cause pbc cant do anything right, lol, al haymon is a moron , lol, all of his fighters are aswell, lol

Comment

PBC is gonna save boxing, lol.

I didn't expect Danny to dig too deep to look for a challenge. He is still hanging all his glory on those Khan and Matthysse wins. The same fans patting Danny on the back and calling this a good fight are the same folks who criticized Pac for fighting him four years ago after coming off of a KO loss a year prior.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        PBC is gonna save boxing, lol.

I didn't expect Danny to dig too deep to look for a challenge. He is still hanging all his glory on those Khan and Matthysse wins. The same fans patting Danny on the back and calling this a good fight are the same folks who criticized Pac for fighting him four years ago after coming off of a KO loss a year prior.
        He did fight Thurman last year so I don’t think he’s trying to live off those wins

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          He did fight Thurman last year so I don’t think he’s trying to live off those wins
          He didn't have much choice. Haymon lost $500M and could no longer get out of the red putting on mismatches. He was forced to start making compelling fights. Danny also turned down $4M to fight Pac so he could fight Thurman for $2M in-house.

Comment

He didn't have much choice. Haymon lost $500M and could no longer get out of the red putting on mismatches. He was forced to start making compelling fights. Danny also turned down $4M to fight Pac so he could fight Thurman for $2M in-house.
            Arum says he never made that offer BTW. And much of what you're saying is speculation.

The bottom line is, he fought Thurman. So we can't pretend to overlook that for whatever reason we decide is fact.

Comment

Arum says he never made that offer BTW. And much of what you're saying is speculation.

The bottom line is, he fought Thurman. So we can't pretend to overlook that for whatever reason we decide is fact.
              Danny Garcia says otherwise. He said he was offered between $3-$4 million and declined the offer. Even if Arum never add the offer Danny still went on record declining the fight for twice his biggest payday ever.

Like I said, there are a lot of fans out there saluting Danny for fighting Rios, but slammed Manny for fighting him. Not sure if you were one of them but that s my point.

Comment

Danny Garcia says otherwise. He said he was offered between $3-$4 million and declined the offer. Even if Arum never add the offer Danny still went on record declining the fight for twice his biggest payday ever.

Like I said, there are a lot of fans out there saluting Danny for fighting Rios, but slammed Manny for fighting him. Not sure if you were one of them but that s my point.
                Doesn't change the fact that...you don't know. And the rest of your prior post was speculative as well.

So as I was saying, you can't say he is living off Khan & Matthysse when he fought Thurman last year. Trying to explain it away with conjecture doesn't change that.

Comment

Doesn't change the fact that...you don't know. And the rest of your prior post was speculative as well.

So as I was saying, you can't say he is living off Khan & Matthysse when he fought Thurman last year. Trying to explain it away with conjecture doesn't change that.
                  Well then you'll have to dismiss about 95% of all posts on here going by your standards. It doesn't change the fact that Garcia/Rios is a mismatch and PBC lost a half a billion putting on these sort of matches. I guess Morales wasn't available for a trilogy.

Comment

Well then you'll have to dismiss about 95% of all posts on here going by your standards. It doesn't change the fact that Garcia/Rios is a mismatch and PBC lost a half a billion putting on these sort of matches. I guess Morales wasn't available for a trilogy.
                    Focus, young man. You said he was trying to live off Khan/Matthysse. I said he fought Thurman. You brought up a host of excuses. And still are. But doesn’t change what I said. Garcia has fought more top fighters than many other so-called big names. Using conjecture or fantasy fights doesn’t change that.

Comment

Working...
                    X