No announcement yet.

Farce: Barthelemy vs Relikh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    It's decisions like this that makes some casuals think our sport is no different than the WWE.

Guy out throws by over 200 and out lands by over 100 and loses a UD with the closest scorecard 8-4?

I saw a much closer fight with a clear and noticeable edge going to the guy doing the most work.

When are we going to have schools for boxing judges and referees?

When are we going to have the same type of critiquing of performance that officials from other sports undergo?

This stuff has to stop if boxing is ever going to be mainstream as it was once was...
    You have the punch stats on that?

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      You have the punch stats on that?

Barthelemy got the decision despite losing wide in every CompuBox statistical category: (248-137 overall in punches landed, 58-46 in jabs and 190-91 in power shots). Relikh outlanded Barthelemy in nine of the 12 rounds, including nine of the last 10.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-punching-belt

Comment

Barthelemy got the decision despite losing wide in every CompuBox statistical category: (248-137 overall in punches landed, 58-46 in jabs and 190-91 in power shots). Relikh outlanded Barthelemy in nine of the 12 rounds, including nine of the last 10.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-punching-belt
        I need to see connect rates for each round. With this work rate, saying he outlanded him 9 of the 12 rounds doesn't mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
          The score cards were bad but I still got Barthelemy wining.

I don't know who the guy who doing compubox score with so many landed shots when must were block.

I missed the first round but here is my scorecard

?-?
          10-9
          9-10
          10-9
          8-10
          10-9
          10-9
          10-8
          9-10
          9-10
          10-9
          10-9

105-102 even by giving Relik first one is 114-112

A lot of close rounds but the clean punching at the end of those rounds sway the round for Rances.
          Not to mention he almost jump the ropes just to get away from Barthelemys body shots. He thew a lot of punches but most of them were blocked. The real winner got the nod.

Comment

It's decisions like this that makes some casuals think our sport is no different than the WWE.

Guy out throws by over 200 and out lands by over 100 and loses a UD with the closest scorecard 8-4?

I saw a much closer fight with a clear and noticeable edge going to the guy doing the most work.

When are we going to have schools for boxing judges and referees?

When are we going to have the same type of critiquing of performance that officials from other sports undergo?

This stuff has to stop if boxing is ever going to be mainstream as it was once was...
            I've had idiots argue with me about this in other threads today.

Some of these dumb bastards actually believe the PR script about about Referees are they're to protect the fighters lol. All they protect is the Promoters Interests.

And they talk about crooked judges and refs like "It's a few bad apples" lol
            If it wasn't for the likes of the casual observer or the "boxing expert" types on this website, boxing would go bust.

You don't fill out the scorecards before hand in an actual sport or competition.

"boxing fans" remind me of religious people who don't want anything to affect they're fucked up take on the world.

Comment

Damn, Relikh should have wins over Burns and Rances on his resume and the kid only just stepped up. Must suck to be Kiril right now, let's just hope it doesn't discourage him too much and he treats it as a learning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                I need to see connect rates for each round. With this work rate, saying he outlanded him 9 of the 12 rounds doesn't mean much.
                Again, the fight was pretty easy to score if you use the 4 scoring criteria with the emphasis on clean punching.

Relikh landed shots just as hard or harder and he landed many more of them.

Almost every round.

Can't see how that in any way equal a victory for Barthelemy.

Comment

I'm not sure how anyone can watch the fight and give Rances 9 rounds... Even if you thought he was boxing well, he was definitely getting outworked.

I guess it comes down to styles. Certain judges have certain styles they like to watch and they're biased towards those styles.

Comment

Working...
                  X