Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Joshua vs Klitschko do the most PPV buys this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
    22,50 £ is the cheapest SKY subscription?
    Ah okay, and the price is the same, like 17 £? Even if you order on the date of the fight?
    Yeah, aslong as you have a basic virgin TV or Sky TV subscription you can use Boxoffice, purely because its a provided channel not available on freeview or terrestrial TV which is now defunct in the UK.

fights cost £16.50 or whatever and theres usually a £3 admin surcharge or £5 if you order it for your TV on a mobile or tablet.

Comment

Thing is if you have Sky everyone knows theres a fight going on, they actually do something with the money. Today Ive seen 15-20 advertisements for the Linares/Crolla fight. You have Sky you know theres a fight going on. Every advert break on Sky normally boxing is advertised, they do a hell of a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Thing is if you have Sky everyone knows theres a fight going on, they actually do something with the money. Today Ive seen 15-20 advertisements for the Linares/Crolla fight. You have Sky you know theres a fight going on. Every advert break on Sky normally boxing is advertised, they do a hell of a lot
        Yeah Sky go HAM promoting their boxing, every single channel they have under their belt has an AD running periodically throughout the day showcasing whatever PPV is coming up.

Their Apps always send notifications about them, their build up programming like "the gloves are off" etc is always on point. I know we have a smaller demographic to reach here in the UK because of populace, but showtime and HBO should send some marketing dudes to Sky for some pointers on how to drum up interest and plant a seed in a potential buyers head.

Even my mum turns around and asks about fights due to the adverts.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          Yeah its pretty expensive, but that price usually incorporates a landline phone and broadband, at least mine does for a tiny bit more (£140) .

In the UK we have the benefit of the companies not being segregated or restricted to where they can be like they are in the US, and we have laws that every member of the public has to have access to a certain strength broadband for a certain price, so providers bundle it all into one big fibre package.

My package is something like the below, its been that long i dont really check it on my bills anymore.

1000 channels including all sky sports, BT Sports ( for the UFC ) and boxnation.

200mb fibre broadband with 20mb upload.

unlimited home phone calls 24/7

£138.44 was my bill last month

I wouldnt mind, but i have all those channels and i watch about.... 9 ? LOL
          That is indeed expensive man... We have better speed here in us with unlimited data..
          I remember when I was working for BT we had some landline and Internet packages for 50 or 60pounds.. but those packages would be worthless now..

Comment

RTL is not PPV. Its like a basic cable channel. Even I have RTL and I don't even live in a German speaking country.
            It will be free in Germany.
            Nope... It's on RTL ppv.. check his last fights, they were on RTL ppv

No different than HBO and HBO ppv.. HBO ppv is not separate channel it's a subscription on regular HBO available until the event ends
            Last edited by BoxingFan85; 03-25-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              That is indeed expensive man... We have better speed here in us with unlimited data..
              I remember when I was working for BT we had some landline and Internet packages for 50 or 60pounds.. but those packages would be worthless now..
              Hence why when people on here get high and mighty about streaming, ( funnily enough they ask you for links on fight night ) i tell them to **** right off and feel like sending them a screeny of my bill

You watching the crolla fight tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                Hence why when people on here get high and mighty about streaming, ( funnily enough they ask you for links on fight night ) i tell them to **** right off and feel like sending them a screeny of my bill

You watching the crolla fight tonight?
                Yeah I missed out the first fight.. I will watch today go see if Crilla can do any different than last time.. the main event might probably be around 6pm here say 11pm your time?
                Btw, nice avi man.. I like Hardy.. he brings different with each role, very underrated actor..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  Nope... It's on RTL ppv.. check his last fights, they were on RTL ppv

No different than HBO and HBO ppv.. HBO ppv is not separate channel it's a subscription on regular HBO available until the event ends
                  No dude. You are wrong. Totally wrong. RTL is a basic cable channel that almost every German house have.
                  There is no such thing as RTL PPV.
                  PPV rarely even exist in Germany.

Klitschko last fights were on RTL the basic cable channel. Why do you think more than 10 million people watch him fight?

Think about it. There is no way more than 10 million pay to watch Klitschko fight?

Comment

This thread took a bit of a turn from when I started it but still an interesting read, my sky bill is expensive too, probs about £140-£150.

Comment

No dude. You are wrong. Totally wrong. RTL is a basic cable channel that almost every German house have.
                      There is no such thing as RTL PPV.
                      PPV rarely even exist in Germany.

Klitschko last fights were on RTL the basic cable channel. Why do you think more than 10 million people watch him fight?

Think about it. There is no way more than 10 million pay to watch Klitschko fight?
                      Yeah I'm pretty sure RTL paid 4 million Euros for the rights to show the fight on their standard cable network

Comment

Working...
                      X