Prime Vernon Forrest v prime mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Vernon Forrest v prime mayweather

My opinion would be Forrest. The same man that beat Mosley. Opinions please

shane was often not good at cutting distance when he had reach disadvantage: winky, dlh, forrest, mayweather. floyd usually excelled at it vs bigger guys, it would be alot like corrales in terms of the styles clash minus the knockdowns but i think at WW its a closer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie harris View Post
      My opinion would be Forrest. The same man that beat Mosley. Opinions please
      50/50 fight.

This thread has been done 100 times though.

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
        shane was often not good at cutting distance when he had reach disadvantage: winky, dlh, forrest, mayweather. floyd usually excelled at it vs bigger guys, it would be alot like corrales in terms of the styles clash minus the knockdowns but i think at WW its a closer fight.

Its nothing like Corrales vs floyd.

Forrest fights behind a jab which is the best weapon you can have against floyd.

Forrest said it best after he beat mosley. The jab offsets speed and disrupts timing(floyds biggest strengths)

It's a 50/50 fight.

Comment

In my opinion Mayweather wins fairly easily. Forrest was KOed by Mayorga so how good was he he really? He beat Mosley but Mayweather is much better than Mosley. Forrest lost to Mora so how good could he be really? Mayweather losing to Mora or Mayorga is unimaginable to me. There is a reason Mayweather was a world champion from age 21 until he retired at 38 and never lost a fight. There is a reason Forrest could never hold a world title very long and lost to guys like Mayorga and Mora. Mayweather was a much better fighter.

Comment

Floyd beats him by UD, Forrest was a good fighter but was limited..Floyd would adjust and win..there are levels to this

Comment

when ppl mention prime may, it isnt ww. may was at his best below ww.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                In my opinion Mayweather wins fairly easily. Forrest was KOed by Mayorga so how good was he he really? He beat Mosley but Mayweather is much better than Mosley. Forrest lost to Mora so how good could he be really? Mayweather losing to Mora or Mayorga is unimaginable to me. There is a reason Mayweather was a world champion from age 21 until he retired at 38 and never lost a fight. There is a reason Forrest could never hold a world title very long and lost to guys like Mayorga and Mora. Mayweather was a much better fighter.
                Prime Mayorga is a beast on the inside. The key moment on him beating Forrest because he kept on slipping the jab and catch him on the inside. Floyd fights nothing alike with Mayorga.

Comment

Styles make fights. Floyd has always been vulnerable to people with very very good jabs but would probably win in a 7 rounds to 5 match.

Comment

Working...
                  X