Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amanda Nunes Demolishes Ronda Rousey in 48 Seconds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nunes destroyed Tate and Rousey, and now that Holm is moving up who is there really? Pena/Shevchenko winner is like the only plausible opponent at this point lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Nunes destroyed Tate and Rousey, and now that Holm is moving up who is there really? Pena/Shevchenko winner is like the only plausible opponent at this point lol
      Damn Jubei is a moron your sig lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        She's much better than brock. Rhonda is a world class submission grappler. If she grabs you on the ground she can submit you and has one of the best armbars. Her striking sucks. Brock has no submission game. He just takes you down and hammer fists you.
        Lmao..

How is she "much better than Brock"

Couture, mir, carwin >>>>> any of Rhonda's wins

Both are huge draws

Both are one dimensional fighters that can only dominate on the ground
        both panic when punched in the face
        both get embarrassingly knocked out

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          Hey, I like the UFC alright but Dana is hurting the product by putting on shows like this, hurting the image of combat sports altogether. You don't see boxing fans lining up to see girls fighting.
          Laila Ali was drawing more than men in every division except HW and the Fabulous Moolah continues to be a household name. Quit being sexist.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Laila Ali was drawing more than men in every division except HW and the Fabulous Moolah continues to be a household name. Quit being sexist.
            Nothing to do with sexism, just can't relate to it or have any interest in it whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Okay, first off let me get the obligatory apology out of the way: I understand that this is Boxing Scene, not MMA Scene. And I'm not an MMA fan. Nor did I watch this fight tonight.

But I just read where Rousey was stopped 48 seconds into her comeback fight...and supposedly left crying in her mother's arms?!? Lol can anyone confirm this??

What a fall she has taken. She went from arguably being the biggest star in combat sports to almost overnight being beaten into retirement. A ruthless KO loss and now she couldn't even last 60 seconds...wow.
              Love your profile pic. Brian "Eye of the Mullet" Sutherland lol. He was one of my favorites too haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                Everyone she fought before holmes had bad striking skills. She can't beat a striker who can prevent her judo clinch. It's styles. Schevchenko will also ko her.
                She'd have difficulty beating a striker if she goes toe to toe from the first bell but you can wear down a striker by making them work and then submit them later in the fight. It's what the Gracie's often did. Or you can fool them into thinking you're hurt, make them over-commit and then go for a hold like Werdum did to Fedor, or like Diaz did to McGregor etc...

Her tactics were just totally wrong for the fight, which (as Nunes said) could also be her trainers fault if that was the intended game plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
                  Strip her naked so we can all see if this claim is true
                  I hope no man would have to endure the site of that thing naked.

Comment

• I am a Fan of Nunes now she is a true aggressive fighter i have ever seen in UFC history

Comment

Working...
                    X