Collapse
No announcement yet.

1,376 tickets left for Floyd-Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad that a fight with the sports biggest superstar takes this long to sell out.

Comment

you guys do know that the tix just went on sale Tuesday, right? It hasnt even been 48hrs yet.

This article is pointless though. Im a Floyd fan but I would like to see one athelete or team step up and say something about ticketmaster selling all the tickets to brokers. If I was a boxer I would want all my true fans to go to the fight. Not just a buch of rich casuals who are only going because its the place to be.

You announce tix go on sale Tuesday at 1 but sell 90% of all the $200 & $300 seats to brokers before they even go on sale to the public. Now all those seats are on stubhub for like $500 on up and the only seats ticketmaster have left are $600 on up. Its a joke

Comment

For big sporting events, concerts, etc, ticket brokers buy up 90% of the tickets before they even go on sale. Its been this way for YEARS. They buy them at face value then resell them on sites like stubhub for a markup. If theres still over 1300 tickets unsold for a Mayweather event, that's not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Sad that a fight with the sports biggest superstar takes this long to sell out.
          You see the prices that fool is charging? I'm surprised it's sold as much as they are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            For big sporting events, concerts, etc, ticket brokers buy up 90% of the tickets before they even go on sale. Its been this way for YEARS. They buy them at face value then resell them on sites like stubhub for a markup. If theres still over 1300 tickets unsold for a Mayweather event, that's not a good sign.
            its going to sell out and you know it, the promotion barely even started yet. showtime are gonna put a lot of promotion into this fight and it will sell out, only question is how much it does on ppv.

Comment

Today is march 14th. The fight is 6 weeks away. There has been no tv advertising. No press tour. And its on showtime with far fewer subscribers than hbo. I mean is this even a real issue right now, especially given the pricing which I thought was ridiculously high.

Comment

The prices are absolutely ridiculous. If you are going to this fight and you arent ringside or mid level then you played yourself.

Get your binoculars ready.

Floyd better bring his ass to Ford Field and stop bull****ting.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  you guys do know that the tix just went on sale Tuesday, right? It hasnt even been 48hrs yet.

This article is pointless though. Im a Floyd fan but I would like to see one athelete or team step up and say something about ticketmaster selling all the tickets to brokers. If I was a boxer I would want all my true fans to go to the fight. Not just a buch of rich casuals who are only going because its the place to be.

You announce tix go on sale Tuesday at 1 but sell 90% of all the $200 & $300 seats to brokers before they even go on sale to the public. Now all those seats are on stubhub for like $500 on up and the only seats ticketmaster have left are $600 on up. Its a joke
                  You think a boxer really cares if "true fans" show up to the fight? They are trying to get paid. It is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    You think a boxer really cares if "true fans" show up to the fight? They are trying to get paid. It is that simple.
                    its not even about true fans. Its about the common man and my main point is that they would still get paid. There are alot of blue collar people who would buy those $200 ticktes easily. He would still sellout. However, they are not going to go to stubhub and buy those same tix for triple the price so you will end up getting all rich casual fans.

It sucks. A hard working dude cant take his kids to sporting events anymore because of this. If you wanna talk about getting paid then let them sell the richer seats to the brokers but atleast leave the $200 & $300 seats for regular sell

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                      The prices are absolutely ridiculous. If you are going to this fight and you arent ringside or mid level then you played yourself.

Get your binoculars ready.

Floyd better bring his ass to Ford Field and stop bull****ting.
                      Have you been to the MGM Grand? It's really not very big.

No matter where you sit, you can see the Ring well.

Comment

Working...
                      X