No announcement yet.

Victorious Boxers 1 & 2 videos here, finally you can watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorious Boxers 1 & 2 videos here, finally you can watch

Okay guys, I've been saying forever now how the VB gameplay is better overall than the Fight Night gameplay (by far). Now I've gotten some video to back up what I've been saying. First, you'll have to go to Gamespot and watch the videos for VB1. Here's the link to their videos:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/v...ers/media.html

And here is the YouSendIt link to the video for Victorious Boxers 2. It is a zipped file:

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...70QED18RGTRQ1R

Watch this video closely. These guys names are Ippo and Sendo. Ippo is the guy in white & blue, Sendo is the guy in the dark solid trunks. Ippo is in Peek-a-boo stance, tyson's stance. Sendo is in a basic brawler's stance. Watch how the CPU controlled Sendo uses his height to his advantage by backing up when throwing most of his punches. Ippo has to duck and try getting in.

Also notice how the fighters look when they move. Their legs actually move instead of them just sliding around. They're throwing different looking punches. Ippo's hooks aren't just carbon copies of Sendo's hooks. Same with uppercuts, etc. Pay particular attention to the footwork. Look how Ippo moves totally differently than Sendo.

I'm trying to get a guy to get more of these videos online for you. I sold my japanese PS2, in hopes that the PS3 will play japanese PS2 games (or I might just buy a Japanese PS3, maybe). Otherwise I'd upload some video for you.

Keep in mind, the guy playing the game admits that he isn't great at the game. He made this video to show another guy the strategy he used to beat this fighter. And he has it on Easy.

Now, I won't deny that the graphics aren't as good as Fight Night. Although I do think they look...I don't know how to describe it, but I'll say more solid. More dense or something.

It looks alright but I don't think it's on the level of fnr2.That's hajime no ippo.I guess you follow the life of ippo in the anime?fighting fighters he fought in the anime

Comment

You've obviously never played the game, it beats the LIVING **** out of FNR2. To even compare FNR2 to it is an insult to the VB series quite honestly. The parrying is all the FN games have. And guess what, every fighter doesn't parry. If the VB games did it, they would only have some boxers parry, which is realistic. FNR2 is arcade boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCarver
        You've obviously never played the game, it beats the LIVING **** out of FNR2. To even compare FNR2 to it is an insult to the VB series quite honestly. The parrying is all the FN games have. And guess what, every fighter doesn't parry. If the VB games did it, they would only have some boxers parry, which is realistic. FNR2 is arcade boxing.

Both games are arcade boxing, in both you can throw hundreds of punch a round, seems like. I like both, but FNR2 was a let-down.

Comment

VB is definitely not arcade boxing, it is a closer sim than any EA game by far. The only EA game that is close to a boxing sim is KO King 2001.

Comment

just watchin these videos of this game made me want it so i finnaly found it hehe

im playin that **** right now this dude is hard tho this tall mother ****er lol

i think this game is a lil bit better than fight night 2 not by much tho i got the game for cheap lol and its rare

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated
              just watchin these videos of this game made me want it so i finnaly found it hehe

im playin that **** right now this dude is hard tho this tall mother ****er lol

i think this game is a lil bit better than fight night 2 not by much tho i got the game for cheap lol and its rare
              I'm assuming you got VB1. Just think, you're comparing a game that was released in 2000 to a game that was released in 2005. For them to even be very close is ridiculous. Especially considering the one that is based on a boxing anime is more of a boxing simulation than one that is based on the actual current sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by masterdirector
                I'm assuming you got VB1. Just think, you're comparing a game that was released in 2000 to a game that was released in 2005. For them to even be very close is ridiculous. Especially considering the one that is based on a boxing anime is more of a boxing simulation than one that is based on the actual current sport of boxing.

yea it is VB1 part 2 is in japanese only right??? the only thing that VB doesnt have is the abilty to block and parry but yet the bob and weave works just fine and i do find this game more entertaining..i just hope part 2 releases in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated
                  yea it is VB1 part 2 is in japanese only right??? the only thing that VB doesnt have is the abilty to block and parry but yet the bob and weave works just fine and i do find this game more entertaining..i just hope part 2 releases in the USA
                  wouldn't you agree that the dodging is more smooth in this game?

now one thing that's a problem with VB1 is that your fighter doesn't stay lined up well with the opponent. You have to back up to line him up again. They fixed that problem in VB2 and VB All-stars.

If you want to mod your PS2, you can for like $32 from www.Consolesource.com
                  Just look up ModChips then fliptop PS2s. Do you have a new slimline or an older PS2? It doesn't matter, they have it for both. You get the custom fliptop and swap magic discs for $32 (includes shipping). Then you can get both VB2 and All-stars from me for real cheap. But I can't explain how out here. PM me for more info/help.

And if you need any help on VB1, by all means ask me. I pretty much mastered the game.

Comment

do you have aim or something?? i have a older model... i checked the site out and it says ima need V9 but the thing is i dont have a credit card so im assed out i really want to get part 2 now.....lol you should've never told me lol.. i always wanted to MOD my PS2 so i could get all types of games....my cousin in puerto rico had his ps2 modded i shouldve done the same but i was afraid that it would mess something up.
                    Last edited by Undefeated; 12-23-2005, 10:22 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Comment

Working...
                    X