Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Wladimir reach the levels of Lennox Lewis? Is he already better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Yes but you've compared a proven legendary heavyweight Champ to a unproven nobody as it stands.

Wlad is a Boxing legend. Rios at the moment is not even at 10% of where Wlad is at.
    The comparison is only centered around their limitations as fighters.

To put it in open terms, Wladimir is extremely limited for example in inside fighting, whereas Rios is limited in distance fighting. They both excel in the opposite but both are limited in the styles described. Polar opposites, but completely comparable because of the fact they are limited fighters in particular styles of fighting.

Lewis on the other hand, was a great inside fighter and distance boxer. Wlad could never come close to Lewis because he'll never have those inside skills like Lewis did. If he could have, he'd already have them by now. But he doesn't. His style is jab, jab, right hand. Just like Haye correctly described. It's an insult to Lewis to mention Wlad in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
      Disagree, Wladimir has a limited skill set just like Rios does. Their styles are totally different, in fact they are almost polar opposites. It's their limitations that I'm talking about. Think about it and see if you can work it out.
      I know what you're trying to say.

Both have their limitations, but again, Wlad is in a whole different stratosphere compared to Brandon Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I know what you're trying to say.

Both have their limitations, but again, Wlad is in a whole different stratosphere compared to Brandon Rios.
        I never said Rios was as good as Wlad in terms of his achievements, I'm only talking about the fact they're both limited fighters. Just pulled Rios out of the air as an example of another limited fighter!

Comment

Lewis did everything Wlad does, but better

Also he had a better chin and was way faster and for a big guy highly exciting

Wlad hasnt surpassed Vitali and therefore will never surpass Lennox

Lennox fought some real good competition, he single handily destroyed every up and coming boxer for the next 10 years.

Wlad has had some ****ty competition, his best much is against a pumped up cruiserweight and he didnt even impress anyone with his performance

Vitali at least went toe to toe with a old Lennox Lewis who was way out of his prime.

If Vitali can TKO David Haye he'll mos def be a top 20 HW

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I only have Wladimir Klitschko a few spaces down from Lennox Lewis in the HW rankings.

But to answer the question, I'd say I doubt it.

Merely because he doesn't have the competition out there to take him above him.

I'd say if 5 years from now, he's still dominating the HW Division then he could possibly.
            Is Lewis in ranked your top 10-15 HW's

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
              Is Lewis in ranked your top 10-15 HW's
              Yeah, he is.

Wladimir just outside.

Comment

Easily!!!!

Comment

Wlad is a better technical boxer, has better defense(fights taller) and a better Jab, but his advantages end there.

Lewis is longer.
                  Lewis is faster.
                  Lewis is better inside
                  Lewis has more punches
                  Lewis has more power (Compair their Botha and Rahman KOs)

Lewis demolishes guys his own height(Grant, Akinwande, Vitali, Briggs, Bowe in 1988, ) none went the distance with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                    Wlad is a better technical boxer, has better defense(fights taller) and a better Jab, but his advantages end there.

Lewis is longer.
                    Lewis is faster.
                    Lewis is better inside
                    Lewis has more punches
                    Lewis has more power (Compair their Botha and Rahman KOs)

Lewis demolishes guys his own height(Grant, Akinwande, Vitali, Briggs, Bowe in 1988, ) none went the distance with him.
                    Good Post. Are you Bailey from ???

Comment

No, he is not there and never will be.

In general underrated by many though because of the competition faced.

Comment

Working...
                      X